Trade that fell through with Baltimore

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve 49

Trade that fell through with Baltimore

Post by steve 49 »

Fact: I was told over the weekend by a high- ranking American League executive that, at some point in 2024, the Orioles approached the Pirates about a trade of elite prospects, one that'd send Jared Jones to Baltimore and 20- year-old infielder Jackson Holliday to Pittsburgh. I was further told that it was Ben Cherington who backed off. And as the opening sentence of this paragraph suggests, I've got no idea when within this year it occurred. Only that
it did.
Via: Dejan_Kovacevic

I found the above on twitter
bucs607179

Re: Trade that fell through with Baltimore

Post by bucs607179 »

Thanks.

I like Jones in our rotation. Holliday is batting a solid .059. Needless to say that is meaningless since he has only had 34 at bats. #1 pick for the O's.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

That`s ok the trade fell through, at least big talks were held. Other players were looked at I would assume . So maybe something different goes down later. O`s and Pirates line up pretty good as trade partners.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

steve 49 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:59 pm Fact: I was told over the weekend by a high- ranking American League executive that, at some point in 2024, the Orioles approached the Pirates about a trade of elite prospects, one that'd send Jared Jones to Baltimore and 20- year-old infielder Jackson Holliday to Pittsburgh. I was further told that it was Ben Cherington who backed off. And as the opening sentence of this paragraph suggests, I've got no idea when within this year it occurred. Only that
it did.
Via: Dejan_Kovacevic

I found the above on twitter
I would think that the talks were held before Spring Training
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

O`s wanted more than Jones if talks where before ST. No way they could of pegged Jones break out and offered up Holiday. :?

I`m still leery of Jones , but he is a huge trade chip.