Four Games that could have made a difference

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

There are games during the season which the Bucs made a comeback and won, but with the loss last night I am including that in the four games this season which the Pirates should have won. The first game they should have won was a Sunday afternoon game vs the Angels. Ninth inning bases loaded one out and S Rod hits into a DP. Same thing happened a few weeks ago on a Friday I think vs the Fish, and Cutch hits a grounder to third for a 5-3 DP. I must include Monday's loss to the Cubs as the third game we should have won, and then the game last night to make four games we should have won. Those 4 games would sure look good in the standings right now.

PMike

Post by PMike »

7A76772C252C24292E312B1C0 wrote: There are games during the season which the Bucs made a comeback and won, but with the loss last night I am including that in the four games this season which the Pirates should have won. The first game they should have won was a Sunday afternoon game vs the Angels. Ninth inning bases loaded one out and S Rod hits into a DP. Same thing happened a few weeks ago on  a Friday I think vs the Fish, and Cutch hits a grounder to third for a 5-3 DP. I must include Monday's loss to the Cubs as the third game we should have won, and then the game last night to make four games we should have won. Those 4 games would sure look good in the standings right now.

I agree 100%. Those are the four games that stick out in my mind. Undoubtedly, someone will say that in the course of the year, you win and lose these sorts of games. That is generally true, but those four instances stand alone. Playoff teams win those games. All 4 were handed up to the Pirates and they found ways of losing them.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Gerrit Cole failing to win any games in August as well in the 4 games he pitched in didn't help either. If he is going to be your ace he has to win those games period. Another game in June against the Mets the Pirates lost right after the Angels loss where Rodriguez I think hit into another double play or struck in a big situation in the 9th inning down a run with two on and nobody out.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I think you can reduce the number to 2- game one of the Marlin's series and game 1 of the Cubs series. Completely blown. Win those 2 games and the Pirates are in great shape.