Telling stat for the 2016 season

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Who lead the Pirates in innings pitched? Jeff Locke 127 1/3.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6A696F73746A7D72282B1A0 wrote: Who lead the Pirates in innings pitched? Jeff Locke 127 1/3.
And Nicasio was 2nd with 118. Of course, Cole was shut down and Liriano and Niese were traded.
PMike

Post by PMike »

4744425E5947505F0506370 wrote: Who lead the Pirates in innings pitched? Jeff Locke 127 1/3.

That stat may be one of the most telling stats concerning why the Pirates wound up where they did.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

When Jeff Locke is your leading starting pitcher in innings, you are down right deplorable...In need of a serious change in your starting rotation. NH ought to wear a sign, Kick me, Cause I deserve it...He blew it plain and simple this year on the pitching front. Plain and simple! You don't contend with Jeff Locke leading the way!

Beat'em Bucs :-[
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

The Bucs had some poor pitching staffs in seasons past, but this seasons has to rank up there with some of the most ineffective! They really take the cake...

Really irritated at the front office for their Pepsi cola pocket book attitude and spin marketing. Shameful, plain and simple! >:(

Beat'em Bucs
PMike

Post by PMike »

1621372712353A3D3A1315540 wrote: When Jeff Locke is your leading starting pitcher in innings, you are down right deplorable...In need of a serious change in your starting rotation. NH ought to wear a sign, Kick me, Cause I deserve it...He blew it plain and simple this year on the pitching front. Plain and simple! You don't contend with Jeff Locke leading the way!

Beat'em Bucs :-[

Wow. That is not a perspective that I would have taken based on that stat. Your five guy in the rotation, who gets pulled 2/3rds of the way through leads in innings and it's the GM's fault? What about the young stud ace who pitched miserable and got hurt? How was that NH's fault? How is it his fault that Liriano sucked so bad? How was it is fault that Niese had the worst year of his career moving towards a park and defense that should have made him better? Plus, he'd pitched well over 127 innings each of the last 6 seasons. I mean, I'm all for giving the FO blame where they deserve it, but this is simply reaching.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

The only reason Locke led the team was because he was not hurt and just about the time you are ready to drop him from the rotation he pitches a nice steady game so you let him go for more. It also does not help that Cole was hurt, Liriano was traded (as he should have been), Niese stunk up the joint and got traded for a reliever. So by default Locke was the vet presence that the team felt they needed in the rotation until it was too late. I hope to heck that they non-tender him and don't even sign him to a MiLB contract with an invite to ST. Just get rid of him period.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

4F6E664F646C0B0 wrote: The only reason Locke led the team was because he was not hurt and just about the time you are ready to drop him from the rotation he pitches a nice steady game so you let him go for more.  It also does not help that Cole was hurt, Liriano was traded (as he should have been), Niese stunk up the joint and got traded for a reliever.  So by default Locke was the vet presence that the team felt they needed in the rotation until it was too late.  I hope to heck that they non-tender him and don't even sign him to a MiLB contract with an invite to ST.  Just get rid of him period.

Only Cole, Liriano and Niese (maybe Nicasio) would have been expected to get more innings than Locke. Even Locke had pitched more innings than this year the past 3 years.