Do we need a rightfielder

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

Huntington (Per RotoWorld) wants to use Bell at firstbase even if McCutcheon is traded. Who will be the third outfielder?
Quail

Post by Quail »

Did Huntington indicate that he wants to use Bell exclusively at first base? If not then they could put Bell in RF on occasion along with Frazier or even J-Hay at least until Meadows can be called up.
Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

Huntington said he is focused on using Bell at first!
PMike

Post by PMike »

That's probably better for Bell's development. It isn't hard to find a serviceable outfielder. Frazier can certainly play out there. Maybe Jose Osuna or Willy Garcia gets a good look out there. That would be a fun solution from my perspective.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

My suggestion....Sign Ragai Davis, former Bucco, has experience and pedigree. Good glove, can steal a base, good team player, hits RH...he played for Pirates, Giants, A's, Tigers, and Indians and was in WS this fall.

Wouldn't be costly either as Ragai will be 36 his next birthday...

Bucs Fan in GA 8-)
RichD

Post by RichD »

If we get a couple more starting pitcher suspects from the Cutch trade .

I would like to flip a pitcher maybe Kuhl or Barault to the Twins.

And see if we can get Byron Buxton.

Marte /Polanco /Buxton / and Meadows / Barnes in the wings.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

This is interesting. I thought for sure Bell would go to the outfield since Freese and Jaso aren't going anywhere. Bell would be better at 1B on defense, if that matters.

Does this mean Meadows might be up in 2017, like at Super 2 time? I thought he was still a year away. I also thought/think this team is good and shouldn't be a year to get reps in for the young guys.

I would prefer a power bat for the outfield. It seems like the trading of McCutchen rumors is hurting. Will an outfielder be available if they wait too long to trade McCutchen?

Interesting.
Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

Any thoughts on who they may look at? Internal or free agent. Now that SRod and Joyce are gone we need a 4th outfielder and a bat off the bench.