Who is the #9 prospect

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Who is the #9 prospect

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Moving right along with #9. Cole Tucker with an overwhelming victory at #8. Adding Jin-De Jhang by request. I've got a pretty good idea who winds up at #9, but I've been wrong before. That's why we play the game...

Results thus far.

1 Austin Meadows 21 OF AAA

2 Tyler Glasnow 23 SP AAA/MLB

3 Josh Bell 24 1B/OF AAA/MLB

4 Mitch Keller 20 SP A-

5 Kevin Newman 23 SS AA

6 Ke'Bryan Hayes 19 3b A-

7 Nick Kingham 25 SP AAA

8 Cole Tucker 20 SS A+
OrlandoMerced

Who is the #9 prospect

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I like Will Craig, I think he could be a Billy Butler type, unfortunately that's not the highest ceiling. But a guy that could definitely contribute.

Went with Hearn, I think there is a lot of upside.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Who is the #9 prospect

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I guess I am the only one of the Diaz kick? I feel he would be in the majors by now if he wasn't blocked.
SammyKhalifa

Who is the #9 prospect

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I picked Brault because, you know, he's made it to the majors. 

For 80% of the prospects we pick in the list, if they make it to the majors for even a cup of coffee we'll consider the draft pick a success.  We'll be so lucky of most of these pitching prospects become a Steven Brault. 

I know upside is a big part of the consideration, but it's not all. 
UtahPirate

Who is the #9 prospect

Post by UtahPirate »

454E464A4F4E551016615840494E4E0F424E210 wrote: I guess I am the only one of the Diaz kick?  I feel he would be in the majors by now if he wasn't blocked.

I like Diaz a lot as well, but his age is getting up there for "prospect" status. In a couple of rounds I'll probably join you.

Will Craig for me this round although I will admit Taylor Hearn is interesting.
Ecbucs

Who is the #9 prospect

Post by Ecbucs »

70424E4E5A684B424F4A4542230 wrote: I picked Brault because, you know, he's made it to the majors. 

For 80% of the prospects we pick in the list, if they make it to the majors for even a cup of coffee we'll consider the draft pick a success.  We'll be so lucky of most of these pitching prospects become a Steven Brault. 

I know upside is a big part of the consideration, but it's not all. 

I understand your point, but unless some of these prospects become a lot more than Brault (unless Brault turns into a great starter) the Bucs are screwed.