Marte in Center

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Marte in Center

Post by mouse »

mlbtr is quoting Marte as saying he's moving to center this year.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/02/p ... field.html
Ecbucs

Marte in Center

Post by Ecbucs »

7B79636573160 wrote: mlbtr is quoting Marte as saying he's moving to center this year.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/02/p ... field.html

That means Catch is moving too, going to left or will Polanco move too.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Marte in Center

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think we all expected this, I just wonder how big of a difference will it make. I know many more balls are hit to CF compared to LF, but how many times did Marte come up throwing?

Was it more opportunity for Marte or the fact that McCutchen has a weak arm and didn't really come up throwing or at least we didn't get excited?

I also wonder what this will to with balls hit down the line. Marte threw a lot of guys out going to second and also held guys afraid to run on too.

Does MCutchen go to LF or RF? Polanco is a shakie fielder in my opinion too. Great arm, but so awkward running down balls.
fjk090852-7

Marte in Center

Post by fjk090852-7 »

From reading the MLBTrade Rumors article it appears Cutch goes to right field and Polanco to left. It appears Hurdle has discussed this new alignment with the three players as well.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Marte in Center

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

474B4A1118111914130C16210 wrote: From reading the MLBTrade Rumors article  it appears Cutch goes to right field and Polanco to left. It appears Hurdle has discussed this new alignment with the three players as well.

It's on the MLB Network's ticker too.
Bobster21

Marte in Center

Post by Bobster21 »

38333B373233286D6B1C253D343333723F335C0 wrote: Polanco is a shakie fielder in my opinion too. Great arm, but so awkward running down balls.
I feel the same way. He scares me every time he goes after a ball.
Speedloader88

Marte in Center

Post by Speedloader88 »

This actually provides me with a little spark of interest in this team. I am generally selling when it comes to the last 18 months of Pirate ball, but this is a great move. Add a strong starter and I may perceive that the worm is turning.
CutchisaBoss

Marte in Center

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Marte did a horrible job handling this thing...leaking it to the media...

On the flip side, Cutch handled it as well as you could imagine. For those of you that avoid social media, he simply posted a picture of Clemente in RF...no words, just the picture. I hope he bounces back big in 2017...