Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Let's sign Pedro Alvarez and cut John Jaso.

Jaso can only play one position. Pedro can't really play any. But with Freese, they don't need to play the field. Pedro's bat off the bench would be much, much better than Jaso.
SammyKhalifa

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I could see them cutting Jaso loose.  But if they do I think it would be because of a roster crunch not to add someone new (or another utility player).  The 25 man is going to be tight.  They haven't changed it up since the weekend announcement of the OF change, but currently the MLB Pirate site depth charts lists Josh Bell as the #3 option in left field (!).  And of course if that were to happen, there isn't anybody at all at first (the site lists JBell, Jaso, David Freese).  I just don't see a lot of space for someone that doesn't really have any position. 
DemDog

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by DemDog »

7A71797570716A2F295E677F767171307D711E0 wrote: Let's sign Pedro Alvarez and cut John Jaso.

Jaso can only play one position.  Pedro can't really play any.  But with Freese, they don't need to play the field.  Pedro's bat off the bench would be much, much better than Jaso. 

There you go Dog, sounding like a certain permanently banned former poster who felt that Abe Nunez should be the starting SS while Jack Wilson was getting 200 hits in a season.  I believe that way like 12-13 years ago.  You remember cause you have been around OBN that long.   

I have a notion to lock this thread because I think you have lost your mind for a moment! ;)
DemDog

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by DemDog »

794B47475361424B46434C4B2A0 wrote: I could see them cutting Jaso loose.  But if they do I think it would be because of a roster crunch not to add someone new (or another utility player).  The 25 man is going to be tight.  They haven't changed it up since the weekend announcement of the OF change, but currently the MLB Pirate site depth charts lists Josh Bell as the #3 option in left field (!).  And of course if that were to happen, there isn't anybody at all at first (the site lists JBell, Jaso, David Freese).  I just don't see a lot of space for someone that doesn't really have any position. 

Nice try Sammy but there is no way you can talk any sense into Dogs head when it comes to Pedro. ;D
mouse

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by mouse »

Too expensive. I would expect to see them trade Jaso and call up Osuno. Same type player (Osuno has outfield experience as well as first base and hits without real power). In Pedro's favor, though, I would say he had the sense to hit fly balls when there was a runner on third. I watched a replay last night of a Brewers game where Cervelli led off with a triple and waited patiently at third while the next three batters practiced futility (Melancon later blew the save as well).
Quail

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by Quail »

Pedro could pinch run too! Mr Versatility :D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

I am kind of serious. I know it won't happen. Do people still think Jaso is better than Alvarez?

The bench needs help. I wish they had a power bat.

I am not sure why Chris Carter and Mike Napoli are still out there? Guys like Adam Lind, Billy Butler, and Gordon Beckham would be upgrades over Jaso too.

*Today is Pedro's birthday too.
Aaron

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by Aaron »

2E252D2124253E7B7D0A332B2225256429254A0 wrote: Do people still think Jaso is better than Alvarez?

The only person who thinks that is your favorite Pirate, Neal Huntington.

You know, the guy who'll have three winning seasons out of ten as GM of the Pirates after 2017.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

4A6A7964650B0 wrote: Do people still think Jaso is better than Alvarez?

You know, the guy who'll have three winning seasons out of ten as GM of the Pirates after 2017.

What about every statistician ever?
Aaron

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by Aaron »

5358505C5958430600774E565F5858195458370 wrote: Do people still think Jaso is better than Alvarez?

What about every statistician ever?

I'd gladly answer this question, Dog...if I understood what you were asking me.