Who is the #8 prospect for 2017

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Nick Kingham wins 7th place in a fairly close battle. Since we're pitcher-heavy, added Barrett Barnes.

Results so far:

#1- Austin Meadows

#2- Tyler Glasnow

#3- Josh Bell

#4- Mitch keller

#5- Kevin Newman

#6- Ke'Bryan Hayes

#7- Nick Kingham
mouse

Post by mouse »

I went with Cole Tucker, with the value of his position being an important factor.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Agree. Tucker next.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

I'd like to see Jin-De Jhang get added in the next round of names. He's not a guy that lands high on many prospect lists (he's not in MLB's Top 30) -- and I think they're mistaken. I'll present a case for him in a couple of rounds, but I think he's easily a Top 20 prospect right now. Like to see his name soon.
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

All right, I wasn't sure who I was adding next. Can't get less votes than some of these guys have so far.

1130252C142D36253021440 wrote: I'd like to see Jin-De Jhang get added in the next round of names. He's not a guy that lands high on many prospect lists (he's not in MLB's Top 30) -- and I think they're mistaken. I'll present a case for him in a couple of rounds, but I think he's easily a Top 20 prospect right now. Like to see his name soon.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I don't have a P2 subscription. I saw today that they have Tucker as the #6 prospect. And while that is not out of line from where most places have him ranked, it is above Hayes, which I sort of see as a threshold. Where they specifically high on Tucker, or down on Hayes?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5A6779747B717A587067767071150 wrote: I don't have a P2 subscription.  I saw today that they have Tucker as the #6 prospect.  And while that is not out of line from where most places have him ranked, it is above Hayes, which I sort of see as a threshold.  Where they specifically high on Tucker, or down on Hayes?

I think people just didn't have him in the front of their minds when they voted here because he was gone with injury for a while.  I had been voting for him a few spots before most, not based on anything I myself know but just based on how he was pretty well regarded (and a #1 pick) not too long ago.  He's still only 20 YO and playing a premium position.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Not so much down on Hayes as they are unsure if he can be a good bat. No doubt he is talented in the field but due to injuries and a way up and down 2016 it seems that the jury is still out on Hayes' batting prowess.

For Tucker they seem to feel he is inconsistent but liked how he came back from major injury in 2015 early rather than later in 2016. Have also been working with him on his hitting. Overall he is a better fielder than Newman but not the hitter on a consistent basis as Newman.

I do suggest that you buy a subscription to Pirate Prospects. Great info on daily basis even in the off season about Bucco prospects. Also consider the Propect Guide for a ton of detailed info on all the prospects in the Bucco farm system. (Disclaimer: I am not compensated for this suggestion to subscribe.)
mouse

Post by mouse »

Let me add my recommendation for Pirates Prospects as well. Well worth the cost for a subscription. Excellent coverage of the minor league system as well as the winter leagues. Some cold winter days it's the only place it's the only place you can get any Pirate news. The guide is also a nice resource for checking on prospects.