Leyland1948

Phil Gosselin

Post by Leyland1948 »

Bucs get him from the Dbacks for Frank Duncan
OrlandoMerced

Phil Gosselin

Post by OrlandoMerced »

5C7C6F72731D0 wrote: This is huge!

Neal is too smart for the rest of the league! The other GMs just sit back and watch his moves in awe.

It's not even fair anymore to the rest of MLB.

Are you in a spot where you would rather the Pirates fail so that you feel validated, or that the team experiences success? It definitely appears to be the former.
johnfluharty

Phil Gosselin

Post by johnfluharty »

Sorry, I removed one too many posts from the thread. I only meant to remove the offending post and the response that quoted it.
Leyland1948

Phil Gosselin

Post by Leyland1948 »

I thought Frank Duncon was highly thought of? For a player DFA!
CarolinaBucco

Phil Gosselin

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This should pretty much lock up the NL Central.

Either that, or it makes ZERO sense.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Phil Gosselin

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I thought Duncan was a thought highly of too. The Diamondbacks waived Gosselin to make room for Descalso.

Not sure what this means. I hope it doesn't mean Kang is in more trouble and will miss some time. This could just be insurance for Hanson, Frazier too.
Leyland1948

Phil Gosselin

Post by Leyland1948 »

The big POWER bat for the bench.
SCBucco

Phil Gosselin

Post by SCBucco »

Another typical Pittsburgh move ... trade for a guy that was removed from a roster of an organization that has struggled. Makes too much sense. Maybe instead, we should be searching for a #4 starter for the rotation instead os a backup middle infielder.
fjk090852-7

Phil Gosselin

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I don't mind this move because Gosselin can play several positions. I think they too are making the move because they may think they will be without Kang for a short period. Gosselin can move around the infield either at second or third so Harrison could play some third if Freese was playing first base.
Quail

Phil Gosselin

Post by Quail »

616D6C373E373F32352A30070 wrote: I don't mind this move because Gosselin can play several positions.  I think they too are making the move because they may think they will be without Kang for a short period. Gosselin can move around the infield either at second or third so Harrison could play some third if Freese was playing first base.

He's also played 8 games at SS, 7 games in the OF and 6 games at 1B in his career. Pretty versatile defensively.