Pitt Basketball

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave »

Pitt opened it's season with a 70-80 loss to St. Francis (PA) How is that possible?
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

A lot of Pitt fans are wondering the same thing. :'( :'( :'(
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4D6C644D666E090 wrote: A lot of Pitt fans are wondering the same thing.  :'( :'( :'(

This Champagnie kid for Pitt, seems like the real deal. after that ridiculous loss to St. Francis in the opener, they have been doing quite well. I believe they are 7-2. In the close loss to Louisville, Champagnie didn't play due to injury. The way Pittsburgh Sports are going, its nice to seen one with a winning record !!!
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

37090C04170F0F042401160552600 wrote: A lot of Pitt fans are wondering the same thing.  :'( :'( :'(

This Champagnie kid for Pitt seems like the real deal. after that ridiculous loss to St. Francis in the opener, they have been doing quite well. I believe they are 7-2. In the close loss to Louisville, Champagnie didn't play due to injury. The way Pittsburgh Sports are going, it's nice to see one with a winning record !!!

Part of the reason for success is the coach. Jeff Capel is from the Coach K line of coaches. He is a great recruiter and has some guys on staff who also recruit well. Capel has the kids buying into his system. Only time will tell if Pitt can become a top team in the tough ACC.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

103139103B33540 wrote: A lot of Pitt fans are wondering the same thing.  :'( :'( :'(

This Champagnie kid for Pitt seems like the real deal. after that ridiculous loss to St. Francis in the opener, they have been doing quite well. I believe they are 7-2. In the close loss to Louisville, Champagnie didn't play due to injury. The way Pittsburgh Sports are going, it's nice to see one with a winning record !!!

Part of the reason for success is the coach.  Jeff Capel is from the Coach K line of coaches.  He is a great recruiter and has some guys on staff who also recruit well.  Capel has the kids buying into his system.  Only time will tell if Pitt can become a top team in the tough ACC.

Good point- ACC is really tough. One of the reasons why Weenies favorite coach, Jamie Dixon left Pitt
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

043A3F37243C3C371732253661530 wrote: A lot of Pitt fans are wondering the same thing.  :'( :'( :'(

Part of the reason for success is the coach.  Jeff Capel is from the Coach K line of coaches.  He is a great recruiter and has some guys on staff who also recruit well.  Capel has the kids buying into his system.  Only time will tell if Pitt can become a top team in the tough ACC.

Good point- ACC is really tough. One of the reasons why Weenies favorite coach, Jamie Dixon left Pitt

Good riddance! He left the Pitt BB program in worse shape than BOB is doing with the Pirates.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

74555D745F57300 wrote: A lot of Pitt fans are wondering the same thing.  :'( :'( :'(

Good riddance!  He left the Pitt BB program in worse shape than BOB is doing with the Pirates. 

Pitt beats Duke to improve to 8-2. I know Duke is down thus year but anytime Pitt beats them is an accomplishment
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4F6E664F646C0B0 wrote: A lot of Pitt fans are wondering the same thing.  :'( :'( :'(

Good riddance!  He left the Pitt BB program in worse shape than BOB is doing with the Pirates. 

Weenie is going to be angry. He thinks Jamie was great! He will tell you that Dixon went to TCU and turned an annual league doormat into a tournament team
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

Hey WWD2 check this out: Billy Knight Talks about Justin Champagnie

Great article about one of Pitt BB's greatest and how he sees himself in Champagnie.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

76575F765D55320 wrote: Hey WWD2 check this out: Billy Knight Talks about Justin Champagnie  

Great article about one of Pitt BB's greatest and how he sees himself in Champagnie.
What's happening with Pitt Basketball, Possum? Two of their best players have just quit. I don't think Champagnie will be back next season. Maybe NBA. Doesn't look good for Capel