Harrison

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Harrison

Post by JollyRoger »

Why is Harrison not in the lineup tonight? He has been our only offensive threat this season. I have always been a big Hurdle supporter but I can't help questioning his rationale for the Sunday lineup give aways and for not putting the best lineup out there to compete.
SammyKhalifa

Harrison

Post by SammyKhalifa »

We have like two good players right now

every lineup is a sunday lineup
JollyRoger

Harrison

Post by JollyRoger »

4C7E72726654777E7376797E1F0 wrote: We have like two good players right now

every lineup is a sunday lineup

Sad but true!
ScottinMass

Harrison

Post by ScottinMass »

5F7A79796C477A727067150 wrote: Why is Harrison not in the lineup tonight? He has been our only offensive threat this season. I have always been a big Hurdle supporter but I can't help questioning his rationale for the Sunday lineup give aways and for not putting the best lineup out there to compete.
Was ready to come on here and ask the same question.

Jaso in there again tonight though.

Why not play Harrison in the outfield on days you want Gift in the lineup? Can he be that much worse than Jaso?
CarolinaBucco

Harrison

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I tend to agree with this sentiment. I don't get the "scheduled days off" philosophy when they just had a day off 2 days ago.

Harrison's pretty much our only hot hitter right now, so sure, let's give him the night off so he doesn't have to play TWO DAYS IN A ROW!
iabucco

Harrison

Post by iabucco »

Scheduled days off make sense when you have a deep bench and you want good players to stay sharp. I don't mind giving Kang a day off to play Freese or Harrison. It makes less sense when those players are Jaso or Goselin etc...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

745645585B5E59567542545458370 wrote: I tend to agree with this sentiment. I don't get the "scheduled days off" philosophy when they just had a day off 2 days ago.

Harrison's pretty much our only hot hitter right now, so sure, let's give him the night off so he doesn't have to play TWO DAYS IN A ROW!

Maybe he is hurt, sick, or personal? I am sure the broadcast will have more info. If it is a schedule day off, then that is stupid. Or who is the pitcher? Maybe he is 0-life against them?
CarolinaBucco

Harrison

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The Tribune this afternoon described it as "a scheduled day off."
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

WOrked out. Harrison wasn't needed. Jaso had three walks and a good base running play to score a run.
Tintin

Harrison

Post by Tintin »

7971726573737F100 wrote: Scheduled days off make sense when you have a deep bench and you want good players to stay sharp.  I don't mind giving Kang a day off to play Freese or Harrison.  It makes less sense when those players are Jaso or Goselin etc...

these guys aren't baseball cards. We just played like 15 days in a row, and are playing games for another 15 days. 1 day off in May. You can't ask guys to play 30 of 31 days and be effective.