No Marte: 18-21

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I saw on Twitter the Pirates are 18-21 without Marte and they are halfway through his suspension. Will he be good enough to help them win games if the Pirates stay in this race (sad, but they are in this). The Pirates know they are at least getting one all star near the trading deadline.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

As far as I'm concerned Marte's credibility as a legit All Star player went out the window when he got caught using these PED's. Don't know about any of you guys but I can't look at him and respect him as a ball player the way I did before we all knew about this.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4A6D7C787D605F6B7C7D7D60190 wrote: As far as I'm concerned Marte's credibility as a legit All Star player went out the window when he got caught using these PED's. Don't know about any of you guys but I can't look at him and respect him as a ball player the way I did before we all knew about this.
How do you feel about Cervelli?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I remember Lawton, Volquez, and Byrd being cheered by the Pirates' fans. I am sure Marte will get boo-ed here and there. He is the first big name probably since Dee Gordon getting busted. Marte did his time and admitted to it.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

373C34383D3C276264132A323B3C3C7D303C530 wrote: I remember Lawton, Volquez, and Byrd being cheered by the Pirates' fans.  I am sure Marte will get boo-ed here and there.  He is the first big name probably since Dee Gordon getting busted.  Marte did his time and admitted to it.   

But he also did it as a pirate. I wonder how much of a difference that will make.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

40727E7E6A587B727F7A7572130 wrote: I remember Lawton, Volquez, and Byrd being cheered by the Pirates' fans.  I am sure Marte will get boo-ed here and there.  He is the first big name probably since Dee Gordon getting busted.  Marte did his time and admitted to it.   

But he also did it as a pirate.  I wonder how much of a difference that will make. 

Chris Davis was suspended in 2014. He remains very popular with Oriole fans. I think as soon as Marte begins getting hits and making plays in the OF the fans will forgive and forget.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm still curious about the nature and purpose of Marte doing it.  He already had his contract.  I wonder when the last time he was tested--couldn't have been that long ago, right?  I can't remember him with some injury he needed to recover from, at least not by using some old-as-hell Arnold Schwarzenegger steroid that he was sure to be caught from. 

In my cartoon mind I have him waking up one day and deciding to put a bunch of pills on a peanut butter sandwich and taking them that way.