Pitt Basketball

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

57696C64776F6F644461766532000 wrote: Really exciting game which went down to the wire in the 60-59  Pitt win.I didn't think think Pitt could win without Federiko (knee)

Pitt is the #11 seed and will play Iowa State the #5 seed on friday
Should be mentioned that Jeff Capel was named ACC Coach of the year. This was Pitt"s first tournament win since 2014, H2P

I laid in bed and checked the score several times and was blown away by the win. H2P
Surgnbuck

Pitt Basketball

Post by Surgnbuck »

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!!!

Pitt annihilates the Cyclones!!!!!!
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

735552474E4255434B200 wrote: SMOKE 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!!!

Pitt annihilates the Cyclones!!!!!!
You tell them Surg. Next up#3 Xavier coached by former Pitt

Point Guard Sean Miller. Pitt Improves to 24-11 H2P
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

Post-game press conference courtesy of DK Sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBYVhws ... BYVhwsXGcY
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

58797158737B1C0 wrote: Post-game press conference courtesy of DK Sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBYVhws ... BYVhwsXGcY
Thanks Possum-those twins are funny!
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Panthers on CBS vs.Xavier at 12:10
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

06383D35263E3E351530273463510 wrote: Panthers on CBS vs.Xavier at 12:10

I have it going on my office tv. I may end up turning off the sound and listening to the Pitt radio broadcast instead. Just like I will do when Joe Block in on tv with the Bucs.
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

I can't stand this basketball clinic being put on my Xavier. If the Panthers lose it will still be an exciting and amazing season with a lot to look for next season.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

No excuses except it is very tough playing 3 games in five days.Xavier was the better team. Pitt was 11-21 last year, 24-12 this year. Happy for Jeff Capel and the Panthers. Until Football Season, H2P
GreenWeenie

Pitt Basketball

Post by GreenWeenie »

Large market Xavier beats small market Pitt.  That's the way it goes sometimes.

Fully agree.  All we need to do is travel back in time- all the way to 18 months or so ago when people posted stuff like this:

[highlight]What do you mean WWD?  This may be the only game they win all year [/highlight] and they had to stop a UNCW second-half rally to do that.

Pitt has come a look way in just a season and a half, let alone the long period before that.

Sure, we all want seasons to be extended.  In my way of looking at it, no one- and I mean no one (except for bandwagon passengers) expected Pitt to get as far as they did. 

It bodes well for the future.  I expect a guy that some may have "called for his head" to capitalize on the season.  It won't be easy, but it shouldn't be easy.  Let's make it harder for the other schools!