Next 7 games...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Next 7 games...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Are against the two worst teams record wise in baseball in the Giants and the Phillies. The Pirates really need to go 5-2 in this stretch of games. Doing so would end their stretch of 18 games leading up to the Cubs series I was talking about with an 11-7 record which you could live with. Been a good last two series taking 2 of 3 from both the Cards and Rays. Gotta continue it against the Giants who own one of the worst road records in baseball as well. Can't afford to let at least 2 wins maybe even 3 wins slip away these next 3 games over the weekend.
johnfluharty

Next 7 games...

Post by johnfluharty »

Let's win 7!
SammyKhalifa

Next 7 games...

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm hoping to win eight out of seven
fjk090852-7

Next 7 games...

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Kuhl and Williams will pitch the Saturday and Sunday games against the Giants and I hope both bring their " A " game. Williams has been good lately, but Kuhl seems like he cannot get past five innings.

BucsFaninGA

Next 7 games...

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Kuhl seems to be stuck in a rut. Williams has been improving and much more consistent. Come on Kuhl!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Next 7 games...

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

With that said, Kuhl has been good in those five innings. He just needs to get over that hump.

The Pirates need that big run. Like, win five in a row. Win six in a row. That will get them motivated (they already should be) and get the fans talking again. It would also set up for the return of Marte.
SteadyFreddy

Next 7 games...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This is that time right now to go on that run when we have 7 games against teams like the Giants and Phillies. Especially with that huge 3 game series coming up at Wrigley next weekend and the Cards and the Brewers coming up at home for 7 games I believe right after the All Star Break. Gotta start making that push to get back to and eventually over .500 if they are gonna make a serious push in this division.
IABucFan

Next 7 games...

Post by IABucFan »

You know, we're 23-20 in our last 46 games.  That doesn't sound all that great, but that's more than 25% of the year at an 87 win clip.
Bobster21

Next 7 games...

Post by Bobster21 »

4C4447706643646B050 wrote: You know, we're 23-30 in our last 46 games.  That doesn't sound all that great, but that's more than 25% of the year at an 87 win clip.
Something is amiss with that math. ;)
CarolinaBucco

Next 7 games...

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I don't understand why the Giants record is so bad. No idea. And this series is a toss-up for the Pirates, at best.

Heard that Cueto is 11-2 with a 1.88 ERA in his career at PNC.

Cole better be ready to put up a string of zeroes tonight.

And Crawford and Belt and Panik and Pence and Posey etc., etc., Why is this team so bad.

I think this is going to be a brutally difficult series for the Pirates. Plus like someone said we have Kuhl tomorrow.

And the Giants just swept the Rockies.

Gotta get 2 of 3 but it ain't gonna be easy.