Luis Heredia

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Luis Heredia

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Does anyone have an update on Heredia?

It looks like he is in the bullpen now as he has no starts this year or last year. How hard is he throwing?

He is 22 years old and has been in the minors for seven seasons. I remember the hype when he was signed.
Jerseykc

Luis Heredia

Post by Jerseykc »

Saw him in June vs Harrisburg. He is pitching in relief for the Curve.

Still throws hard but was a bit wild for first few batters.
Aaron

Luis Heredia

Post by Aaron »

Heredia will be the anchor of the 2021 rotation featuring Bryan Morris, Tyler Eppler and Nick Kingham (who will be 37 and recovering from his 6th Tommy John surgery.)

Jeff Locke will be returning to be the veteran presence/A.J. Burnett, despite the fact that he's actually younger than Kingham and Heredia.

Kevin Kramernewman will be starting at short that year.
johnfluharty

Luis Heredia

Post by johnfluharty »

He throws a sinker now most of the time I believe.
Bobster21

Luis Heredia

Post by Bobster21 »

6646554849270 wrote: Heredia will be the anchor of the 2021 rotation featuring Bryan Morris, Tyler Eppler and Nick Kingham (who will be 37 and recovering from his 6th Tommy John surgery.)

Jeff Locke will be returning to be the veteran presence/A.J. Burnett, despite the fact that he's actually younger than Kingham and Heredia.

They are counting heavily on Kevin Kramernewman to become an outstanding shortstop so he can be traded for prospects.
Aaron

Luis Heredia

Post by Aaron »

644944555243541417260 wrote: Heredia will be the anchor of the 2021 rotation featuring Bryan Morris, Tyler Eppler and Nick Kingham (who will be 37 and recovering from his 6th Tommy John surgery.)

They are counting heavily on Kevin Kramernewman to become an outstanding shortstop so he can be traded for prospects.

Fingers crossed.
dmetz

Luis Heredia

Post by dmetz »

Since we're all about prospects here's my take: the minor league hitters really look weak. The guys everyone raves about don't appear to be able to hit. Some of the guys nobody talked about look like the real prospects.

Luplow: looks interesting, but again he's a college hitter who's just now getting into AAA. I'm impressed by those AA numbers though. I'm interested. Lets see what happens

Meadows: He's got a bad arm and continual hamstring issues. He's not a good CFer from what I've read and his hamstring issues exacerbate a speed decline that will likely move him LF due to his arm. He's not the CF of the future. He's had 4 hamstring injuries since 2014, I believe. Meadows a plus defensive CF in MLB is a distant shot at this point.

Elias Diaz: he's way too old for us to be screwing around with him not playing a lot now. He's got 2-3 WAR catcher written all over him, if for no other reason than his arm and defense. FINALLY it appears that the defensive rumors on a player are correct. This guy is a game-changer with the running game. So here's a guy everyone was ho-hum ho-hum and looks legit.

Ke'Bryan Hayes: Can't seem to hit. Lot of hype, not much behind it on the stat-sheet. You change his last name and who his dad is and he's not on the radar.

Kevin Newman: Can't seem to hit AA pitching well. College hitter. Looks like a plus defender to me but nothing special here. No speed game either. Was a red flag last year when we started him in WVa and he couldn't hit. Just another underachieving 1st round pick to add to the list.

Cole Tucker: Looks OK. Too early to tell. Young but a big kid who's hitting the ball pretty well. at 6'3" you never know what's going to happen. If he fills out, he may be a 3rd baseman. If she stays lanky like a Mercer, he may stick at short.

We have no hitting prospects in AAA. Moroff and Bostick. could hardly be weaker.

notes34

Luis Heredia

Post by notes34 »

626B63727C060 wrote: Since we're all about prospects here's my take: the minor league hitters really look weak.   The guys everyone raves about don't appear to be able to hit.  Some of the guys nobody talked about look like the real prospects. 

Luplow: looks interesting, but again he's a college hitter who's just now getting into AAA.  I'm impressed by those AA numbers though.  I'm interested.   Lets see what happens

Meadows:   He's got a bad arm and continual hamstring issues.  He's not a good CFer from what I've read and his hamstring issues exacerbate a speed decline that will likely move him LF due to his arm.   He's not the CF of the future.    He's had 4 hamstring injuries since 2014, I believe.   Meadows a plus defensive CF in MLB is a distant shot at this point. 

Elias Diaz:  he's way too old for us to be screwing around with him not playing a lot now.   He's got 2-3 WAR catcher written all over him, if for no other reason than his arm and defense.   FINALLY it appears that the defensive rumors on a player are correct.   This guy is a game-changer with the running game.   So here's a guy everyone was ho-hum ho-hum and looks legit.

Ke'Bryan Hayes:   Can't seem to hit.   Lot of hype, not much behind it on the stat-sheet.  You change his last name and who his dad is and he's not on the radar.      

Kevin Newman:  Can't seem to hit AA pitching well.  College hitter.  Looks like a plus defender to me but nothing special here.    No speed game either.     Was a red flag last year when we started him in WVa and he couldn't hit.  Just another underachieving 1st round pick to add to the list.   

Cole Tucker:  Looks OK.  Too early to tell.   Young but a big kid who's hitting the ball pretty well.  at 6'3" you never know what's going to happen.  If he fills out, he may be a 3rd baseman.  If she stays lanky like a Mercer, he may stick at short.

We have no hitting prospects in AAA.   Moroff and Bostick.   could hardly be weaker. 

That's ok trading Cutch, Harrison, and Cole should bring back the next core right?
ScottinMass

Luis Heredia

Post by ScottinMass »

737A72636D170 wrote: Since we're all about prospects here's my take: the minor league hitters really look weak.   The guys everyone raves about don't appear to be able to hit.  Some of the guys nobody talked about look like the real prospects. 

Luplow: looks interesting, but again he's a college hitter who's just now getting into AAA.  I'm impressed by those AA numbers though.  I'm interested.   Lets see what happens

Meadows:   He's got a bad arm and continual hamstring issues.  He's not a good CFer from what I've read and his hamstring issues exacerbate a speed decline that will likely move him LF due to his arm.   He's not the CF of the future.    He's had 4 hamstring injuries since 2014, I believe.   Meadows a plus defensive CF in MLB is a distant shot at this point.

Elias Diaz:  he's way too old for us to be screwing around with him not playing a lot now.   He's got 2-3 WAR catcher written all over him, if for no other reason than his arm and defense.   FINALLY it appears that the defensive rumors on a player are correct.   This guy is a game-changer with the running game.   So here's a guy everyone was ho-hum ho-hum and looks legit.

Ke'Bryan Hayes:   Can't seem to hit.   Lot of hype, not much behind it on the stat-sheet.  You change his last name and who his dad is and he's not on the radar.      

Kevin Newman:  Can't seem to hit AA pitching well.  College hitter.  Looks like a plus defender to me but nothing special here.    No speed game either.     Was a red flag last year when we started him in WVa and he couldn't hit.  Just another underachieving 1st round pick to add to the list.   

Cole Tucker:  Looks OK.  Too early to tell.   Young but a big kid who's hitting the ball pretty well.  at 6'3" you never know what's going to happen.  If he fills out, he may be a 3rd baseman.  If she stays lanky like a Mercer, he may stick at short.

We have no hitting prospects in AAA.   Moroff and Bostick.   could hardly be weaker. 

Meadows has played 141 less games in the minors than McCutchen did, Meadows OPS is .817 over his minors career, McCutchen's was .785. I am NOT saying he is the next McCuthcen, but your assertion that he doesn't appear to be able to hit seems off to me. Also, I don't know that he is being counted on the be the CF. Marte in my mind would be the CF'er, Meadows in LF. From what I've read, yes his arm is not the strongest, but his defense is above average and major league ready.
dmetz

Luis Heredia

Post by dmetz »

0B3B372C2C313615392B2B580 wrote: Since we're all about prospects here's my take: the minor league hitters really look weak.   The guys everyone raves about don't appear to be able to hit.  Some of the guys nobody talked about look like the real prospects. 

Meadows has played 141 less games in the minors than McCutchen did, Meadows OPS is .817 over his minors career, McCutchen's was .785. I am NOT saying he is the next McCuthcen, but your assertion that he doesn't appear to be able to hit seems off to me. Also, I don't know that he is being counted on the be the CF. Marte in my mind would be the CF'er, Meadows in LF. From what I've read, yes his arm is not the strongest, but his defense is above average and major league ready.

Re: meadows:   I realize I said they look like weak hitters and then I included meadows and that's my mistake.  I don't see any problem with his hitting (on the stat sheet).

I just included him as a non-pitching prospect.   Defensively, I'm SURE that he's hype.   

Major league ready in what sense?  that he has a pop-gun arm, bad hamstrings?  I've read that his first step is bad as well. 

So despite the usual claims that every prospect we have is a defensively solid to "major league ready" defender from the usual sources, (until they show up in the big leagues) I've read that his defense is so-so, arm weak, and those chronic hammy injuries are only going to add on to holding him back from being a plus defender. 

Bat-wise, I've heard nothing but good to great things.