Benoit's August Stats

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Benoit's August Stats

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Benoit stats for the month: 0-2 ,11.81 era and has given up two homers. Come on Pirates pull the plug and release this guy. The season is about over, and there are a handful of pitchers at Indy who you could choose from to take his spot in the bullpen. Sorry to say Benoit's career is over!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Benoit's August Stats

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Agreed. At least put him in long relief.

The Bullpen has been so bad all year. You never know who is going to have a bad game. Just no consistency. Hurdle has not done a good job in managing the bullpen either. He rarely has guys up to play the match ups. It's like he sends a pitcher in and it is their inning.

Marte and Kang missing time really hurt the team, but the bullpen has been the worst part of the team on the field in my opinion.
Bobster21

Benoit's August Stats

Post by Bobster21 »

49424A464342591C1A6D544C454242034E422D0 wrote: Agreed.  At least put him in long relief.

The Bullpen has been so bad all year.  You never know who is going to have a bad game.  Just no consistency.  Hurdle has not done a good job in managing the bullpen either.  He rarely has guys up to play the match ups.  It's like he sends a pitcher in and it is their inning.

Marte and Kang missing time really hurt the team, but the bullpen has been the worst part of the team on the field in my opinion. 
That's one of my main gripes about Hurdle. It's why I say he follows a formula rather than making game by game or inning by inning decisions about what would be the best move at that moment to try to win that game. It doesn't seem to matter what the matchups are or how that pitcher is doing; if he decides it's time for that pitcher to pitch, then so be it. He's decided Benoit is going to be part of the back end of the BP. It doesn't matter how he pitches or who he faces, that's his role because it says so right on the formula paper. I guess it's a very stress free way of managing. Doesn't require much thought. A monkey could do it.
SammyKhalifa

Benoit's August Stats

Post by SammyKhalifa »

He might not be good, but at least he's also slow and painful to watch.
Bobster21

Benoit's August Stats

Post by Bobster21 »

4C7E72726654777E7376797E1F0 wrote: He might not be good, but at least he's also slow and painful to watch.
And he's good for the economy. Liquor sales skyrocket when he enters the game.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Benoit's August Stats

Tony Watson has only pitched in six games (5 innings) for the Dodgers in 14 games. I thought that seemed low. Watson hasn't done very well with a 7.20 ERA, but most of that came in giving up a grand slam.
JollyRoger

Benoit's August Stats

Post by JollyRoger »

I would be curious to find out how many games the bullpen has blown this year using the criteria of the Pirates having a lead entering the 7th inning. Also comparing this year to the 2013-2015 seasons.
BenM

Benoit's August Stats

Post by BenM »

Last night was the first time in six appearances that the first batter against Benoit did not reach base.

The Cards had to wait until the second batter.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Benoit's August Stats

Baseball Reference has some breakdowns. I don't understand all of it, but might help you.

In overall ERA, the Pirates' Bullpen is 5th in the NL and 11th in MLB. Makes you wonder how bad the other bullpens are too.
fjk090852-7

Benoit's August Stats

Post by fjk090852-7 »

47606B48050 wrote: Last night was the first time in six appearances that the first batter against Benoit did not reach base.

The Cards had to wait until the second batter.
If I recall the first batter against Benoit was Carpenter and he sent Cutch to the warning track for a long out.