Granderson

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Granderson

Post by CarolinaBucco »

So the Dodgers got Granderson for basically nothing ... cash and a PTBNL.

Hard for me to believe that the Pirates couldn't cobble together enough $$$ from all the money they saved this year to take Granderson off the Mets' hands and pay the final 2 months of his salary. And apparently they could have also gotten him without having to give up a prospect.

Just think if we had acquired Granderson in late July and stuck him in RF every night. I'm not saying he's a perfect player by any means, but he would have been a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Hamstring / Jaso / Frazier / Osuna.
SteadyFreddy

Granderson

Post by SteadyFreddy »

But they did add over 7 million dollars between Rodriguez and Benoit so be happy they did that according to some on here.
Leyland1948

Granderson

Post by Leyland1948 »

Always a concern about a team quitting on the manager if problems occur but in this case it is time to realize the the front office has quit on the fan base. It has been very clear that all they want is your hard earned money and I hope this is remembered next year when they are trying to fill sets. I for one have no problems with this. Even though I live close by I have only been to PNC Park twice with free tickets. Have not watched a entire game on the tube this year either. NO interest in this organization any longer. Will get my info from this site and the newspapers.
rucker59@gmail.com

Granderson

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

5C75697C717E7421292428100 wrote: Always a concern about a team quitting on the manager if problems occur but in this case it is time to realize the the front office has quit on the fan base. It has been very clear that all they want is your hard earned money and I hope this is remembered next year when they are trying to fill sets. I for one have no problems with this. Even though I live close by I have only been to PNC Park twice with free tickets. Have not watched a entire game on the tube this year either. NO interest in this organization any longer. Will get my info from this site and the newspapers.

Know what's sad? It's sad that a number of people are more concerned for a billionaire owner than a fan like you and me as we watch this FO do nothing but talk BS. July 31 and Neal is assuring us the Pirates are still competing for the division. He insults the intelligence of everyone by adding a utility man and an arm for the pen, while other teams are adding quality, trying to get better to win.

What an insult.
BenM

Granderson

Post by BenM »

I really hope money played no role in the decision to not go after Jay Bruce or Granderson. They were only owed for the remainder of this season and become free agents after that. No long term commitment.

It's one thing to have a budget. It's another thing to let that budget handcuff you.
Ecbucs

Granderson

Post by Ecbucs »

17303B18550 wrote: I really hope money played no role in the decision to not go after Jay Bruce or Granderson. They were only owed for the remainder of this season and become free agents after that. No long term commitment.

It's one thing to have a budget. It's another thing to let that budget handcuff you.

How about handcuff and straight jacket you just to make sure.
Bobster21

Granderson

Post by Bobster21 »

I'm guessing the Dodgers settled for Granderson only after they were unable to pry Jaso away from the Pirates.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Granderson

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

05223337322F10243332322F560 wrote: But they did add over 7 million dollars between Rodriguez and Benoit so be happy they did that according to some on here.

Don't be twisting words or taking things out of context.
IABucFan

Granderson

Post by IABucFan »

7C777F7376776C292F586179707777367B77180 wrote: But they did add over 7 million dollars between Rodriguez and Benoit so be happy they did that according to some on here.

Don't be twisting words or taking things out of context.

I agree with this. Don't think anyone has said fans should be content with just Sean Rod and Benoit.