6. Jordan Luplow (R) RF

7. Elias Diaz (R) C

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Steven Brault (L) P

The kids are still playing! :)
IABucFan

9/5 game

Post by IABucFan »

This is the first game all year where the Pirates have started a lefty on the mound.
ScottinMass

9/5 game

Post by ScottinMass »

6C414C5D5A4B5C1C1F2E0 wrote: 1. Starling Marte (R) LF

2. Max Moroff (S) 2B

3. Andrew McCutchen (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. David Freese (R) 3B

6. Jordan Luplow (R) RF

7. Elias Diaz (R) C

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Steven Brault (L) P

Not Osuna though, 2 PH AB's in the last 6 Pirates games played.  1 start in the last 13 Pirates games played. :(
dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/5 game

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

32020E1515080F2C001212610 wrote: 1. Starling Marte (R) LF

2. Max Moroff (S) 2B

3. Andrew McCutchen (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. David Freese (R) 3B

6. Jordan Luplow (R) RF

7. Elias Diaz (R) C

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Steven Brault (L) P

Not Osuna though, 2 PH AB's in the last 6 Pirates games played.  1 start in the last 13 Pirates games played. :(

Where are you playing Osuna? He seems to be the odd young player out if he won't play third base.
MaineBucs

9/5 game

Post by MaineBucs »

I want the improbable to happen. I want the Pirates to take it to the Cubs again tonight and to then spank them the next two games as well.

I know that there is no chance of the Pirates contending this season, but, there is a chance for another team, albeit the hated Brewers or Cardinals, to actually catch the Cubs if they get help from teams like the Pirates and then help themselves in upcoming head-to-head match-ups.

The Cubs dissected and decimated the Pirates when they recently played in Wrigley. Time to help bring the Cubs back down to earth. The Cubs are missing a lot of key pieces and with several more strong pitching performances, perhaps the Bucs can salvage some pride and cause the Cubs (Maddon) to be a bit less cocky.

So --- I know I shouldn't care and like others, have written off most of this season, but taking the next 3 from the Cubs would at least offer a moment of respite from what has often been a dismal season.
dmetz

9/5 game

Post by dmetz »

5E56556274517679170 wrote: This is the first game all year where the Pirates have started a lefty on the mound.

It's an elite management philosophy. LH starters are overvalued, so what you do is build your major and minor league rotations around RH starting pitching.

All while playing 81 games a year in the hardest park for a RH hitters to homer in baseball.

It's sort of like the Art of War, in the inverse. Nobody would expect it
INbuc

9/5 game

Post by INbuc »

6F434B4C4760574151220 wrote: I want the improbable to happen.   I want the Pirates to take it to the Cubs again tonight and to then spank them the next two games as well.

I know that there is no chance of the Pirates contending this season, but, there is a chance for another team, albeit the hated Brewers or Cardinals, to actually catch the Cubs if they get help from teams like the Pirates and then help themselves in upcoming head-to-head match-ups. 

The Cubs dissected and decimated the Pirates when they recently played in Wrigley.  Time to help bring the Cubs back down to earth.  The Cubs are missing a lot of key pieces and with several more strong pitching performances, perhaps the Bucs can salvage some pride and cause the Cubs (Maddon) to be a bit less cocky.   

So --- I know I shouldn't care and like others, have written off most of this season, but taking the next 3 from the Cubs would at least offer a moment of respite from what has often been a dismal season. 
I am with you. This is the final consolation / opportunity/ responsibility a non-contending team has ... to fully contest the remaining contenders. And it maybe of little consolation, but I will be quite pleased if we can make life heck for the Cubs.
ChitownBucco

9/5 game

Post by ChitownBucco »

8 out of 9 starters are home grown
Bobster21

9/5 game

Post by Bobster21 »

Luplow!!!
Ecbucs

9/5 game

Post by Ecbucs »

4B4340776144636C020 wrote: This is the first game all year where the Pirates have started a lefty on the mound.

yeah, in a home park that was built for left handed pitchers and left handed hitters and the Bucs are not strong in either one.

Although DMetz came up with the rationale.