JollyRoger

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by JollyRoger »

I like it.

Skinny is going to be upset!
fjk090852-7

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would think Huntington contract will be extended, because if he was leaving I would doubt they would extend Hurdle that many years because a new GM likes to pick his own manager.
Ecbucs

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by Ecbucs »

6A66673C353C34393E213B0C0 wrote: I would think Huntington contract will be extended, because if he was leaving I would doubt they would extend Hurdle that many years because a new GM likes to pick his own manager.

agree, wouldn't be surprised if it is announced tomorrow and it will probably be for same number of years.
skinnyhorse

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by skinnyhorse »

416467677259646C6E790B0 wrote: I like it.

Skinny is going to be upset!
Unbelievevable guy has 2 straight losing seasons and he gets 4 years, go figure if I had failed at my job the last 2 years I would expect and should be fired. Looks like this ownership has no interest in winning. I won't renew my MLB package next year just can't watch this crap.
SCBucco

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by SCBucco »

Is anyone truly surprised by this?
Bobster21

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by Bobster21 »

1A0A0B3C2A2A26490 wrote: Is anyone truly surprised by this?
I'm not surprised. TBMTIB is not going to admit they have a mgr that needs to be replaced or that a problem with the team even exists. They'll say it was just one of those years with unexpected losses of Kang and Marte. Looking forward to another quiet off season.
Ecbucs

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by Ecbucs »

7D505D4C4B5A4D0D0E3F0 wrote: Is anyone truly surprised by this?
I'm not surprised. TBMTIB is not going to admit they have a mgr that needs to be replaced or that a problem with the team even exists. They'll say it was just one of those years with unexpected losses of Kang and Marte. Looking forward to another quiet off season. 

the process is working, just a couple of bumpy years.
DemDog

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by DemDog »

I'm not at all surprised by the extension itself but 4 years? Talk had Clint not being sure if he wanted to stay on. Expected it to be for maybe 2 yrs max with and option or two.
Quail

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by Quail »

I'm not a fan of Clint's in game strategies or his use of personnel, but he appears to be a good clubhouse/motivational manager. As I stated in another thread he reminds me of former Pens coach Dan Bylsma. Unlike Bylsma whose faulty strategies and confounding personnel decisions were a significant detriment to a team with great talent it seems more than likely Clint won't be encumbered with that. I doubt that Danny Murtaugh, Chuck Tanner or Jim Leyland would be able to make a difference with the current Pirate franchise.
Bobster21

Hurdle-4 more years!

Post by Bobster21 »

3216020A0F630 wrote: I'm not a fan of Clint's in game strategies or his use of personnel, but he appears to be a good clubhouse/motivational manager. As I stated in another thread he reminds me of former Pens coach Dan Bylsma. Unlike Bylsma whose faulty strategies and confounding personnel decisions were a significant detriment to a team with great talent it seems more than likely Clint won't be encumbered with that. I doubt that Danny Murtaugh, Chuck Tanner or Jim Leyland would be able to make a difference with the current Pirate franchise.
Clint gets labeled as a motivator but I dunno. When they win, he's a motivator. When they lose, is he not a motivator? We too often see lackadaisical play, lack of hustle, lack of fundamentals. Is Clint not motivating them to hustle? Or to play smart? Is Marte motivated? Is Joggin' John Jaso motivated? J-Hay gets praised for the energy he brings. Is he the only one motivated to do that? I just don't see a motivated team under Hurdle. I see a poor manager with an organization that won't admit its failings. So he gets a huge extension as if the team is in wonderful hands. No problem here, fans. Everything is fine. Nothing to see here.