9/7 vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by INbuc »

Full transparency here, I only saw Taillon throw about 15 pitches tonight. The curve balls looked fine. The fastballs all seemed to be about 95, down-the-middle, no movement.

Did anyone see something better than that?
rucker59@gmail.com

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

50577B6C7A190 wrote: Full transparency here, I only saw Taillon throw about 15 pitches tonight.  The curve balls looked fine.  The fastballs all seemed to be about 95, down-the-middle, no movement.

Did anyone see something better than that?

I'm assuming the cancer and treatment have robbed Tallion. Otherwise we'd all have to be alarmed by his second half.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Just an awful game.

In the meantime the Indians are about to win their 15th in a row. Comparing their team and the Pirates makes me want to puke.
fjk090852-7

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by fjk090852-7 »

At least we can say the Bucs played the Cubs much better in 2017 than they did last year. I think last year we only beat them three or four times.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

AT&T Sports put up the last five starts by the whole rotation. It was pretty impressive one time through the rotation. With that said, I figured that would jinx Taillon as the starters were due for a bad game.

I am not worried about Taillon one bit going into next year. He is a special talent and a smart pitcher. I expect him to be very good next year.
MaineBucs

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by MaineBucs »

I know that Tallion said he feels strong, but I would skip him next time through the rotation and give his start to Brault or perhaps Glasnow, depending on the IL play-off picture.
Bobster21

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by Bobster21 »

173B33343F182F39295A0 wrote: I know that Tallion said he feels strong, but I would skip him next time through the rotation and give his start to Brault or perhaps Glasnow, depending on the IL play-off picture. 
Might be time to shut him down. He's a much better pitcher than he's been showing lately. Whatever the reason, maybe it's better to stop letting him get pounded and get a fresh start on 2018.
notes34

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by notes34 »

303721292730777B02252F232B2E6C212D2F420 wrote: Just an awful game. 

In the meantime the Indians are about to win their 15th in a row.  Comparing their team and the Pirates makes me want to puke.
Oh c'mon the Pirates have had more success under current management teams. :P
dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

57564D5C4A0A0D390 wrote: Just an awful game. 

In the meantime the Indians are about to win their 15th in a row.  Comparing their team and the Pirates makes me want to puke.

Four playoff appearances in 17 years. Longest World Series drought as an organization in baseball. Such a great Owner. Put up a statue already.

Still not sure how that is better than three playoff appearances in 10 years?

Seems fair to me.
Ecbucs

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by Ecbucs »

565D55595C5D460305724B535A5D5D1C515D320 wrote: Just an awful game. 

Four playoff appearances in 17 years.  Longest World Series drought as an organization in baseball.  Such a great Owner.  Put up a statue already. 

Still not sure how that is better than three playoff appearances in 10 years? 

Seems fair to me.

what about the trend going forward?

We need to hope the Cubs are a flash in the pan, the Cards run into bad luck and the Brewers and Reds rebuilds fail.

What I find frustrating is that with division for the taking the Bucs did nothing to try and go for it this year. Certainly if the Cubs had played like last year I could see the Bucs standing pat and saying there is no chance this season without Kang and Marte.

But the situation was different and it didn't matter to the Bucs management team one iota.