9/12 vs Milwaukee

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by INbuc »

A few of those years we were in the wildcard games, the Brewers were a significant factor in keeping us from winning the division. Maybe we can return the favor this year.

1 R Jordy Mercer, SS

2 R Jordan Luplow, LF

3 R Andrew McCutchen, CF

4 R David Freese, 3B

5 R Jose Osuna, 1B

6 L Gregory Polanco, RF

7 R Sean Rodriguez, 2B

8 R Chris Stewart, C

9 R Cole P
Bobster21

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by Bobster21 »

I've seen more than enough of Cole. I hope he's traded this off season. Realistically, he's a #3 starter. 4+ ERA pitchers like him are a dime a dozen. But considering his hype, he's probably worth more than that in a trade. Especially considering he's got 2 more years of control. If he's got good trade value, the return has to be more than his value as a pitcher.
johnfluharty

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by johnfluharty »

715C51404756410102330 wrote: I've seen more than enough of Cole. I hope he's traded this off season. Realistically, he's a #3 starter. 4+ ERA pitchers like him are a dime a dozen. But considering his hype, he's probably worth more than that in a trade. Especially considering he's got 2 more years of control. If he's got good trade value, the return has to be more than his value as a pitcher.

You and me both.
SCBucco

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by SCBucco »

123F32232435226261500 wrote: I've seen more than enough of Cole. I hope he's traded this off season. Realistically, he's a #3 starter. 4+ ERA pitchers like him are a dime a dozen. But considering his hype, he's probably worth more than that in a trade. Especially considering he's got 2 more years of control. If he's got good trade value, the return has to be more than his value as a pitcher.

I wanted him gone last year. I don't think he is special anymore. Have said, he is a three in a good rotation, certainly not an ace. His stuff is good; his mental aspect sucks.

NH doesn't have the stones to deal him. He doesn't have the stones to make a major move that would help this organization more than hurt it long term.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

6373724553535F300 wrote: I've seen more than enough of Cole. I hope he's traded this off season. Realistically, he's a #3 starter. 4+ ERA pitchers like him are a dime a dozen. But considering his hype, he's probably worth more than that in a trade. Especially considering he's got 2 more years of control. If he's got good trade value, the return has to be more than his value as a pitcher.

I wanted him gone last year.  I don't think he is special anymore.  Have said, he is a three in a good rotation, certainly not an ace.  His stuff is good; his mental aspect sucks.

NH doesn't have the stones to deal him.  He doesn't have the stones to make a major move that would help this organization more than hurt it long term. 

I also advocated trading Cole. Surely some team will believe they can correct whatever problem he has. But there is no doubt much of his value has been lost.

I think he gets traded this winter.

mouse

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by mouse »

I think NH is looking at 2018 as his best shot at it. Given that, I doubt very much he trades Cole. There certainly are internal choices to take his place, but who knows which ones will really pan out. I would expect him to keep Cole as a veteran presence on the staff.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

3E3C262036530 wrote: I think NH is looking at 2018 as his best shot at it. Given that, I doubt very much he trades Cole. There certainly are internal choices to take his place, but who knows which ones will really pan out. I would expect him to keep Cole as a veteran presence on the staff.

I don't know. His price tag, remaining but diminishing value and disappointing results - can Neal "afford" to keep him even if Neal sees 2018 as the year for the Pirates to compete for a WS?
mouse

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by mouse »

I suspect he figures he can afford to because he plans to trade Cutch and (my concern) Harrison as well. Replacing those two with players earning league minimum would give the savings needed to afford the salary increases likely with the arb players.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

If Cole stinks, how can he demand so much money?

If Cole stinks, how does he have any trade value?
johnfluharty

9/12 vs Milwaukee

Post by johnfluharty »

373C34383D3C276264132A323B3C3C7D303C530 wrote: If Cole stinks, how can he demand so much money?

If Cole stinks, how does he have any trade value?

Dog, you are the first one to use the word 'stink' in this thread. Cole is not what he was hyped to be, and overall has been very middling. I think his temperament may be his biggest problem, but I don't say that with total conviction. All I do know is that I am ready for the FO to trade him for whatever we can get. I am ready to move on.