Is Moroff hurt?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

Is Moroff hurt?

Post by ScottinMass »

I admit I didn't follow the games this weekend that closely as I had family things going on, but Moroff played Friday and didn't play Sat or Sun and is not in the lineup tonight. 2nd straight start for Rodriguez at 2B tonight. I thought they were giving Moroff a chance at extended playing time? Maybe they've seen enough?
DemDog

Is Moroff hurt?

Post by DemDog »

Nothing about Moroff in the Pgh Papers or on sports talk radio today.  Can't wait to see what the BMTIMLB* has to say about his absence from the lineup considering they are giving the rookies a long look.  Perhaps they want to try and snap SRod out of his hitting slump to get him ready to be the team MVP in 2018!

Or maybe they are just tanking it hoping to get a top 5 draft pick next June. I heard there are a number great QBs coming out next year. Maybe they can draft one and trade him to the Stillers for their 7th round pick in the draft!! That's what you would expect the BMTIMLB*

*Best Management Team In Major League Baseball
Bobster21

Is Moroff hurt?

Post by Bobster21 »

Can't let Moroff play too often. You just can't give players enough rest. Look how well that strategy has paid off this year.
Ecbucs

Is Moroff hurt?

Post by Ecbucs »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: Can't let Moroff play too often. You just can't give players enough rest. Look how well that strategy has paid off this year.

Could be he is already out of their future plans.
Quail

Is Moroff hurt?

Post by Quail »

042223342232410 wrote: Can't let Moroff play too often. You just can't give players enough rest. Look how well that strategy has paid off this year.

Could be he is already out of their future plans.

That seems unlikely given his salary and years of control. He's already established his value in terms of the franchise's "Financial Flexibility" mission statement. SRod is probably being evaluated for his "FF" cost/value ratio, and possibly being showcased for an off-season trade.
johnfluharty

Is Moroff hurt?

Post by johnfluharty »

Moroff has a bad case of Hurdle-itis.