Who would be a good pickup to Play 3rd if Kang fails

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

For the sake of conversation...Who do you posters think would be a good player to target for 3rd if Kang fails. I know Osuna is going to winter ball to play 3rd, but you wouldn't want to stick a guy there who has never played there and count in him to play 162 games.

I don't think the front office will pony up for KC's Mike Moustakes. I know Todd Frazier (former Cinny Red) from Yankees is a free agent? Would love to have Bregman from Astros, but know that isn't happening.

Thoughts who the front office and No Deal Neil will target?

Beat'em Bucs 8-)
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

0136203005222D2A2D0402430 wrote: For the sake of conversation...Who do you posters think would be a good player to target for 3rd if Kang fails. I know Osuna is going to winter ball to play 3rd, but you wouldn't want to stick a guy there who has never played there and count in him to play 162 games.

I don't think the front office will pony up for KC's Mike Moustakes. I know Todd Frazier (former Cinny Red) from Yankees is a free agent? Would love to have Bregman from Astros, but know that isn't happening.

Thoughts who the front office and No Deal Neil will target?

Beat'em Bucs 8-) 

S-Rod and Nunez.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

How about Eugenio Suàrez? Senzel is supposedly ready to take over third for the Reds.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Why not Todd Frazier?  We need slugging and power very badly.  He won't be too expensive and is Ok defensively.

I don't understand. moustaskas is too good to "afford".  Frazier is not.  He's good at what we lack and not good at enough things to allow us to "afford" him
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I wanted Frazier a few years ago, now I am not so sure. He still hits for power, but he now reminds me more of a Pedro Alvarez at the plate. He has hit in the low .200's the last couple years.

I just think a team will over pay for Frazier. Frazier would be better than anyone the Pirates currently have, but could be a bad contract depending on the direction of the team.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Harrison. He's not cheap, but he would be good there. At second, his salary has gotten too high when compared to the others on the team who can play that position.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

434641474F455C41485B5D50290 wrote: How about Eugenio Suàrez?  Senzel is supposedly ready to take over third for the Reds.
First of all the FO should put forward every effort to get Kang back in the country and on the team. However, if that does not occur Saurez is an excellent suggestion...and I mean excellent. Unfortunately, he is well regarded in Cincy and I am not sure how quickly Senzel will be ready. We need someone to start in 2018. Good thought WV.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

I would get ready for Frazier at 2nd and Harrison at 3rd. Like it or not that is probably what we will see.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I look for Frazier to be either left field or utility. Moroff/Rodriquez are more likely for second (assuming Harrison for third). If Harrison is traded, they could shift Moroff to third, but more likely bring in someone.
PMike

Post by PMike »

You asked two questions. Who do posters think they should target and who will they target?

I think they should target Moustakas. If he is under $20 million a year for 4 years or less. They should definitely do that. He is in prime years, has a history, plays good defense, and is a good character guy. Exactly the piece they should get.

I think they will get no one. They won't lock anyone into third base (or second) for that matter. Why? Because "position flexibility" is the most important thing. Osuna, Harrison, and Rodriguez will play at third. Frazier, Moroff, Harrison, and Rodriguez will play second. Hurdle will have so much fun messing with lineups before and during games.