Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Pitt Basketball

Post by GreenWeenie »

We know the reason :(
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

507179507B73140 wrote: Imagine that!  Don't need to imagine.  Don't want to get my hopes up, but enjoy it for the moment.  It has to be a good feeling after the way the season went.
Big win, especially to beat NC on their court. NC was 18-5 heading into the game- Hail to Pittl

That's 3 conference wins in a row.  I hope they don't pull a trick from the Bucs' recent seasons and actually lose the rest of their games. 

Miami shows why they are one of the top teams ( 20-6) in the ACC by drubbing Pitt 85-64. Pitt is now 11-18
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1D23262E3D25252E0E2B3C2F784A0 wrote: Imagine that!  Don't need to imagine.  Don't want to get my hopes up, but enjoy it for the moment.  It has to be a good feeling after the way the season went.
Big win, especially to beat NC on their court. NC was 18-5 heading into the game- Hail to Pittl

That's 3 conference wins in a row.  I hope they don't pull a trick from the Bucs' recent seasons and actually lose the rest of their games. 

Miami shows why they are one of the top teams ( 20-6) in the ACC by drubbing Pitt 85-64. Pitt is now 11-18
TO quote Pitt's best player John Hugley, " I think the guys are disappointed, but they just want to finish the season out, I guess."

When they have that mindset, there is not much a coach can do. I don't expect Hugley to be back next season.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Basketball

Post by GreenWeenie »

On the women's side, the highest scorer got kicked off the team.

It was reported that she had trouble at her previous school, then transferred to Pitt.

I wonder what's up with that program and whether Lyke plans to do much about it.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

487D6A6A61586A6A61666A0F0 wrote: On the women's side, the highest scorer got kicked off the team.

It was reported that she had trouble at her previous school, then transferred to Pitt.

I wonder what's up with that program and whether Lyke plans to do much about it.
Hugley also said that the players ARE NOT doing what the coaches tell them. I'm sure this is making him popular with his teammates
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

447A7F77647C7C775772657621130 wrote: On the women's side, the highest scorer got kicked off the team.

Hugley also said that the players ARE NOT doing what the coaches tell them. I'm sure this is making him popular with his teammates
Pitt loses to 86-56 enough said
GreenWeenie

Pitt Basketball

Post by GreenWeenie »

I take back all those mean, nasty things I used to write about The Great J.D.  He woulda had us within 29, anyway.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7D485F5F546D5F5F54535F3A0 wrote: I take back all those mean, nasty things I used to write about The Great J.D.  He woulda had us within 29, anyway.
Panthers finish regular season with a 78-54 loss to Notre Dame.

ACC Tournament play begins Thurs. vs. BC= Theyshould probably stay home and save the money :'(
DemDog

Pitt Basketball

Post by DemDog »

Check out this article in today's Trib about Capel and Pitt Basketball.

Reasons Pitt Basketball Falls to the Bottom of the ACC
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Basketball

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5E7F775E757D1A0 wrote: Check out this article in today's Trib about Capel and Pitt Basketball.

Reasons Pitt Basketball Falls to the Bottom of the ACC
Good article Possum, thanks. Kind of reiterates what I previously said was a reason why Dixon left