Official Game Thread - 7/29 - Bucs @ Astros

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 7/29 - Bucs @ Astros

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Raise It!! how bout that Michael A. Taylor?
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Team has confidence, can't deny that.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:01 am walk to force in a run....5-3 bases still loaded
The walk appeared to be deliberate. They weren't going to give Alveraz the chance to win it with a slam. Good decision by Shelton. Good game by Taylor. And surprisingly good broadcast by KY who overcame his tendency for low, monotone, sleep inducing voice. If KY can continue this, he can be an asset to the booth.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:04 am Raise It!! how bout that Michael A. Taylor?
Possum is so excited . He has been singing Taylor's praises all season :lol: :lol:
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Sure would like for the Pirates to start a little earlier in the game.

Hard to believe Houston was pitching a combined perfect game against them through 5 innings
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Bobster wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:07 am
Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:01 am walk to force in a run....5-3 bases still loaded
The walk appeared to be deliberate. They weren't going to give Alveraz the chance to win it with a slam. Good decision by Shelton. Good game by Taylor. And surprisingly good broadcast by KY who overcame his tendency for low, monotone, sleep inducing voice. If KY can continue this, he can be an asset to the booth.
I think you are right about the deliberate walk. Alveraz has 20 Hr's. They said that the Pirates did that last year in San Diego
wiyh Juan Soto
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bobster wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:07 am
Yeah, Bednar was trying to thread a needle with every pitch. Pretty dangerous doing the unintentional intentional walk. But I get it. You walk a guy intentionally, the guy behind him gets fired up. Good discipline by Alvarez, but that first pitch was called a strike all night, and Bednar didn't get it. He gets that pitch, Alvarez might not be so disciplined.

Love the cat and mouse aspect of that at bat. That was so pro, on both ends.
Dutton

Post by Dutton »

Happy for Michael A, who is a good human even if he isn't always a good hitter.
Holding my breath waiting for the injury report on Bae and Palacios. Suwinski may be the only option if they go to the IL.
We needed a lefty for the pen and I guess the Priester trade creates the space on the roster.
Two awesome comebacks in a row! Gotta love it!
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

2 games in a row 100% sure we were losing and we won. That said I'm 100% sure we lose tonight.

We are tied with Cards for 2nd place.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Another option with the injuries to Palacios and Bae is to move Triolo to RF and have Williams play second. I didn't say it was a good option.