Strategies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Strategies

Post by Ecbucs »

676C64686D6C773234437A626B6C6C2D606C030 wrote: The core was built.  Huntington brought in veterans to fill in the holes.  They performed for the most part or were at least better than what the Pirates currently had.  Huntington even said at the time of the trade/signings why those players were acquired. 

The one I felt was the biggest shock was JA Happ.  He had a great run for the Pirates and Huntington even said how he was on their radar for years before he was in uniform. 

I don't think it was all luck, but calculated to some extent.  Good moves can't be labeled as lucky as bad moves can't be labeled as unlucky every time. 

the Pirates made some great moves when David Littlefield was gm too. The question for the Pirates is can NH make enough good moves in the future to have the team be a serious contender and win a championship. Building once is a feather in his cap but doesn't mean he can do it again.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Strategies

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

042223342232410 wrote: The core was built.  Huntington brought in veterans to fill in the holes.  They performed for the most part or were at least better than what the Pirates currently had.  Huntington even said at the time of the trade/signings why those players were acquired. 

The one I felt was the biggest shock was JA Happ.  He had a great run for the Pirates and Huntington even said how he was on their radar for years before he was in uniform. 

I don't think it was all luck, but calculated to some extent.  Good moves can't be labeled as lucky as bad moves can't be labeled as unlucky every time. 

the Pirates made some great moves when David Littlefield was gm too.  The question for the Pirates is can NH make enough good moves in the future to have the team be a serious contender and win a championship.  Building once is a feather in his cap but doesn't mean he can do it again. 

Very true.  If Huntington doesn't improve, he will be gone too.  I will be all for it too.

Don't forget, Littlefield never had that feather in his cap.