Official Game Thread - 7/27 - Bucs @ Dbacks

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

Re: Official Game Thread - 7/27 - Bucs @ Dbacks

Post by Javy »

Bobster wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:52 am
Possum wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:38 am When I got up this morning and saw the results of the game I was pissed. I wonder why the hell I even bother with the Pirates. I guess it's because I've loved baseball and the Pirates since I was a kid. Unfortunately, I may never live to see them be a winning team. Thank you Bob Nutting for being the worst owner in Pirates history.
Sadly, we are fans of a team in a competitive sport whose owner is not competitive. He likes being in the fraternity of sports franchise owners. He likes making money. He likes to be seen promoting charities. But he has no interest in the competitive aspect of the sport.
What is amazing is the fact that he is not the worst owner in MLB. That dubious honor now belongs to the owner of the A's.
The saddest part of that is the A's still have a better track record of developing players to perform on the MLB level, and have managed to make themselves more relevant than the Buc's before they tear everything down and start over after a couple years of competitive baseball.