Official Game Thread - 7/27 - Bucs @ Dbacks

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Official Game Thread - 7/27 - Bucs @ Dbacks

Post by Surgnbuck »

The bottom third of the order each drove in a run tonight. Hayes batted 6th, and was 2-4. Cruz with the monster blast and a triple. Gonzales left the game with a groin injury, going 0-3 and once again the victim of some bad luck hitting the ball hard. Joe drove in a run but went 0-4.

The only non-contributor was Cutch, going 0-4 with 3K's.

MAT gets an infield hit but took a step towards second then straightened out, then almost gets thrown out of the game arguing the correct out call. If he just runs back to first really quick, he's safe, but tried to play it off. Last night, he bunts and hits himself for an out. He's really doing some unique stuff.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

No telling how bad Gonzales groin injury was. We can only hope it was a cramp. If he goes on the IL, I wonder who comes up? Perhaps no one, with Reynolds taking his spot back on the roster?
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

I guessed we'd have to go at least 35-25 last 60 games to have a chance. 0-2 to start and we will not win the series against Houston.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:26 am No telling how bad Gonzales groin injury was. We can only hope it was a cramp. If he goes on the IL, I wonder who comes up? Perhaps no one, with Reynolds taking his spot back on the roster?
He left the game immediately and an inning or 2 later, he was shown sitting on the bench with his head down apparently in great distress. Didn't look good.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

No Reynolds, No Tellez, No Nick- I would say things are not looking good.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:26 am No Reynolds, No Tellez, No Nick- I would say things are not looking good.
That internal improvement better come quick!
Possum

Post by Possum »

When I got up this morning and saw the results of the game I was pissed. I wonder why the hell I even bother with the Pirates. I guess it's because I've loved baseball and the Pirates since I was a kid. Unfortunately, I may never live to see them be a winning team. Thank you Bob Nutting for being the worst owner in Pirates history.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

With one more loss over the next two days, the strategy will quickly turn from who the team can acquire to who the team can trade. Two more losses means 2024 is done and all attention needs to be turned to 2025. So BC needs to trade away anyone who isn't going to help the club over the next three years for young power hitters who play 1B, 3B, and/or the outfield who are blocked in other organizations. I would make every player available for a trade except Bart, Nick Gonzales, Reynolds, Endy, Skenes, Jones, Keller, Oviedo, Bednar, and Mlodzinski, and I could be talked into trading some of those guys (like Bart and Bednar) for the right return. Everyone else is easily replaceable.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Possum wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:38 am When I got up this morning and saw the results of the game I was pissed. I wonder why the hell I even bother with the Pirates. I guess it's because I've loved baseball and the Pirates since I was a kid. Unfortunately, I may never live to see them be a winning team. Thank you Bob Nutting for being the worst owner in Pirates history.
Sadly, we are fans of a team in a competitive sport whose owner is not competitive. He likes being in the fraternity of sports franchise owners. He likes making money. He likes to be seen promoting charities. But he has no interest in the competitive aspect of the sport.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Possum wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:38 am When I got up this morning and saw the results of the game I was pissed. I wonder why the hell I even bother with the Pirates. I guess it's because I've loved baseball and the Pirates since I was a kid. Unfortunately, I may never live to see them be a winning team. Thank you Bob Nutting for being the worst owner in Pirates history.
My thoughts exactly. I have tried to turn my back on them numerous times but the Bucs were everything to me growing up. I may take drastic measures and take my Pirate license plate holder off my car? As usual in MLB it is time for the money teams to take over.

I'm convinced Mr. Nutting knows even if we go 1-161 fans will pay their hard earned money to support the team. Those hard charging Chicago White Sox had 21,000 show up for that sh!t show.

I'm not giving up completely just yet but guessing very soon Pittsburgh sport fans will be gravitating toward the Steelers. NFL is to many drama queens with half a brain.