Trade Deadline Deals

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Re: Trade Deadline Deals

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Winkler is going to the Mets. I actually wasn’t that interested in him. The Pirates have three days to add some offense to their lineup.
Javy

Post by Javy »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:41 pm Winkler is going to the Mets. I actually wasn’t that interested in him. The Pirates have three days to add some offense to their lineup.
Agree with your sentiment about Winker. I would rather have Lane Thomas over him, but don't stop there, add De la Cruz or Paredes as well. Need to do something if they want to stay in contention. Considering how inexpensive Austin Hays was for the Phillies, how did that get by Cherington?
GhostOfPitthorn

Post by GhostOfPitthorn »

Good grief, even the Cubs improved themselves by acquiring Isaac Parades from Tampa for Christopher Morel and rightly pitchers Hunter Biggs and Ty Johnson.

Meanwhile, Rome continues to burn.
GhostOfPitthorn

Post by GhostOfPitthorn »

Oh look...old friend Josh Bell was just put on outright waivers by the Marlins. I'm guessing they want to see who'll take on the contract.

And now the Red Sox just DFA'd Reese McGuire.

C'mon Ben...let's party like its 2016.
Javy

Post by Javy »

GhostOfPitthorn wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:08 pm Good grief, even the Cubs improved themselves by acquiring Isaac Parades from Tampa for Christopher Morel and rightly pitchers Hunter Biggs and Ty Johnson.

i just said I would want Paredes, and poof!, off to the Cubs he goes. Watch Lane Thomas go somewhere stupid too...
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Javy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:27 pm
GhostOfPitthorn wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:08 pm Good grief, even the Cubs improved themselves by acquiring Isaac Parades from Tampa for Christopher Morel and rightly pitchers Hunter Biggs and Ty Johnson.

i just said I would want Paredes, and poof!, off to the Cubs he goes. Watch Lane Thomas go somewhere stupid too...
Well, with your kind of power wish for Judge, just to piss off Yankee fans
Doc

Post by Doc »

What a surprise! The Pirates not mentioned in the article or the tweet.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:07 am
What a surprise! The Pirates not mentioned in the article or the tweet.
Uh-oh. Did Ben miss an opportunity to be in on talks?
There's no basement in the Alamo.