Official Game Thread - 7/19 - Bucs vs Phillies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Re: Official Game Thread - 7/19 - Bucs vs Phillies

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Whoa. A friend of mine got some last minute late release SRO tickets and managed a few chairs in the OF. That was almost like a playoff game in the middle of July.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Ecbucs wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:49 am I thought the double steal was a gutsy call. Great win.
I didn't like the double steal because Taylor was very nearly out. Had it not worked, Shelton would have been widely criticized. But as it turned out, it helped win the game. Also, had Taylor been out, they would still have had Cutch at 2B with 1 out with Reynolds and Cruz up next. So it turned out to be a good gamble because it wouldn't have killed the rally even if it had failed.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Bobster wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:34 pm
Ecbucs wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:49 am I thought the double steal was a gutsy call. Great win.
I didn't like the double steal because Taylor was very nearly out. Had it not worked, Shelton would have been widely criticized. But as it turned out, it helped win the game. Also, had Taylor been out, they would still have had Cutch at 2B with 1 out with Reynolds and Cruz up next. So it turned out to be a good gamble because it wouldn't have killed the rally even if it had failed.
I read some comments from Phillie fans and they think the team is easy to steal on. Don't know if that was particularly true with battery at the time or if they were speaking generally.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Probably has a lot to do with Realmuto being out for an extended period of time
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Judging from the message boards and call in shows, it's so apparent how Pirates fans are used to seeing a loser and anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

It isn't a sense of impending doom, it's a continuation of living in a cloud of doom.

Just to let you all know, the Bucs won last night. Try and enjoy it for what it is, instead of dwelling on who and why the starting pitchers are, things that worked out well instead of thinking about what could have happened, because it didn't.

Instead look a little bit at how all the guys that led off an inning reaching base scores, how every person on third with one or no outs scored, there were4runs scored on productive outs, Shelton managed the bullpen brilliantly, Cruz was an absolute beast, and Hayes actually ran out a ground ball.

It's okay to just sit back and enjoy it all.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

SammyKhalifa wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:03 pm Whoa. A friend of mine got some last minute late release SRO tickets and managed a few chairs in the OF. That was almost like a playoff game in the middle of July.
I hope your friend does the same when we are in Playoffs. ;) ;)