Official Game Thread - 7/12 - Bucs @ White Sox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PooperScooper !

Re: Official Game Thread - 7/12 - Bucs @ White Sox

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Just think if Gonzales gets grooving. This pitching staff :shock:

Still think Jack should be sent down and Cutch hammy might be aggravated and he needs a break.

If BC wants to roll in house, give Bae another shot.

Bucs struck out 10x tonight, just awful. Thats 3.1 inn of nothing good can happen. :cry:
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:28 am Raise It!
Good to see Bednar back in action
In other news, it is rumored that there has
been a Surg and Mr. Man sighting on the Wildwood Boardwalk.
Will keep you guys posted.
Try and give me a heads up when he is here. I have to take care of brother-in-laws pool but I should be around. Maybe the Buc will be on.

By the way, I have visions of .500 floating around my head.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Doc wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:43 am It’s frustrating being a Pirates fan for sure. Sadly, we don’t have to imagine what White Sox fans are going through based on what we’ve seen over the past 25 years or so.
At least their last WS was not as far back as ours. :(

I was at two Buc/White Sox games in PNC the year after they won the WS. Both games I'm stuck around W.S. fans. :x
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

bucs607179 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:51 am
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:28 am Raise It!
Good to see Bednar back in action
In other news, it is rumored that there has
been a Surg and Mr. Man sighting on the Wildwood Boardwalk.
Will keep you guys posted.
Try and give me a heads up when he is here. I have to take care of brother-in-laws pool but I should be around. Maybe the Buc will be on.

By the way, I have visions of .500 floating around my head.
Every time you start this .500 business they fall on their face
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Mlodzinski seems to be back to where he was last year when he was very effective in relief. He began this season injured and very ineffective when he was recalled. After his first 4 appearances, he had an ERA of 12.71 with 3 very poor outings. But beginning with his 5th games, he's given up 2 ERs in 22.2 inning. That's an ERA of 0.79 for his past 16 games and his ERA for the season is now 3.18.

And now Bednar's back and Borucki is close. So the BP no longer has guys like Heller, Honeywell, Bruihl or Ryan. And Santana and Fleming are probably on a short leash.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:46 pm Mlodzinski seems to be back to where he was last year when he was very effective in relief. He began this season injured and very ineffective when he was recalled. After his first 4 appearances, he had an ERA of 12.71 with 3 very poor outings. But beginning with his 5th games, he's given up 2 ERs in 22.2 inning. That's an ERA of 0.79 for his past 16 games and his ERA for the season is now 3.18.

And now Bednar's back and Borucki is close. So the BP no longer has guys like Heller, Honeywell, Bruihl or Ryan. And Santana and Fleming are probably on a short leash.
We need Chapman to be really good during these next couple of weeks so that a team in need will want him. Holderman can then settle into the 8th inning role and Mlodzinski/Borucki can then take the 6th/7th inning duties. That's a solid bullpen set-up backing up the starters. But it'll all be for naught if two bats aren't acquired. Use some of the minor league pitchers to get young hitters who're blocked/sitting on major league benches in their orgs. There must be two of them out there somewhere who need a chance to play everyday.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

When Jones comes back, they are going to need to figure out which of Perez and Ortiz sticks as the 5th starter. Rather have Ortiz as he shows a better chance of winning and either trade perez or move him to the long relief role. Send Fleming back down for now.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Osushawn wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:24 pm When Jones comes back, they are going to need to figure out which of Perez and Ortiz sticks as the 5th starter. Rather have Ortiz as he shows a better chance of winning and either trade perez or move him to the long relief role. Send Fleming back down for now.
With Ortiz showing nice improvement from a year ago, and Oviedo due back in '25, both Perez and Gonzalez can be moved at the Deadline if BC decides to be a seller. The Pirates have opportunities to deal those two, Chapman, and a couple of the pitchers in the minor leagues, in exchange for two or three young hitters to play in the outfield, and at first and third base (I'd look to see if anyone's interested in Hayes, too). There's a glut of pitching in the org. Use it to fill a need.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Doc wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:58 pm
Osushawn wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:24 pm When Jones comes back, they are going to need to figure out which of Perez and Ortiz sticks as the 5th starter. Rather have Ortiz as he shows a better chance of winning and either trade perez or move him to the long relief role. Send Fleming back down for now.
With Ortiz showing nice improvement from a year ago, and Oviedo due back in '25, both Perez and Gonzalez can be moved at the Deadline if BC decides to be a seller. The Pirates have opportunities to deal those two, Chapman, and a couple of the pitchers in the minor leagues, in exchange for two or three young hitters to play in the outfield, and at first and third base (I'd look to see if anyone's interested in Hayes, too). There's a glut of pitching in the org. Use it to fill a need.
Off topic, I'm hoping you see this before 3:00 today. Is surgnbuc a Golfer???????????
Doc

Post by Doc »

bucs607179 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:23 pm
Doc wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:58 pm
Off topic, I'm hoping you see this before 3:00 today. Is surgnbuc a Golfer???????????
Yes, but I'm not sure when he last played.