Official Game Thread 7/8 - Bucs vs Mets

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: Official Game Thread 7/8 - Bucs vs Mets

Post by Bobster »

I hope we see more of Palacios. I realize he's just a guy hoping to stay on an MLB roster but he had his moments last season and I've seen enough of Taylor and Olivares. And I can't get excited about Suwinski finally breaking that elusive .180 barrier. I'd like to see Palacios as a regular in the lineup at least until he proves he doesn't provide as much as Taylor, Olivares or Suwinski. But I realize that in the land of Sheltonia, nothing is more important than rest and everybody gets to play no matter how poorly.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Will be curious if they swing a deal for Chisolm, what they will do with the glut of OF's they will have.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Osushawn wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:36 pm Will be curious if they swing a deal for Chisolm, what they will do with the glut of OF's they will have.
Agree, they'd have more outfielders than any one team needs, but would it make any difference if any one of them were released? It's stunning how little production we've gotten from the outfielders not named Reynolds.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:55 pm
Osushawn wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:36 pm Will be curious if they swing a deal for Chisolm, what they will do with the glut of OF's they will have.
Agree, they'd have more outfielders than any one team needs, but would it make any difference if any one of them were released? It's stunning how little production we've gotten from the outfielders not named Reynolds.
Yes, it's not as if there's a logjam in the OF. Reynolds is an all-star and Joe is useful. Taylor, Olivares and/or Suwinski could be DFA'd and the team wouldn't skip a beat.
There's no basement in the Alamo.