I'm sick of Ownership and Management of this team

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: I'm sick of Ownership and Management of this team

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:55 am I guess this goes under management instead of starting a new thread.
Maybe it's just coincidence but looking at these rash of injuries, lower
back spasms, groins, and hamstrings I am wondering if these guys are doing the
proper stretching and conditioning before games. Hayes is a chronic situation but how about
the others. Are the trainers doing their job? Your thoughts
I don't think that's a problem. Injuries are part of the game. In Bae's case, he leaped to avoid a collision at 1B and came down awkwardly, twisting his knee. So that wasn't a conditioning issue. Things like back spasms and muscle pulls are frequent in sports. It's just unfortunate that these seem to be happening to the Pirates all at once.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

I know most on here hate Shelton with a passion, but they make the playoffs and he will likely win manager of the year
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Upon completion of the trading deadline I am going to give the FO kudos for the job they did. None of the top 10 prospects were moved, and the Major League team looks much better than it did 24 hours ago.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:26 am Upon completion of the trading deadline I am going to give the FO kudos for the job they did. None of the top 10 prospects were moved, and the Major League team looks much better than it did 24 hours ago.
Agree 100%.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Osushawn wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:36 pm I know most on here hate Shelton with a passion, but they make the playoffs and he will likely win manager of the year
I say it is a definite. When I look at the averages of the line-ups of the better teams compared to ours, the difference is huge but one thing for sure, we got pitching!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Bobster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:33 am
fjk090852-7 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:26 am Upon completion of the trading deadline I am going to give the FO kudos for the job they did. None of the top 10 prospects were moved, and the Major League team looks much better than it did 24 hours ago.
Agree 100%.
The talking heads on Bleacher Report agree with you Bobster. They said the moves the bucs made while not earth shattering,
the team certainly is improved. Also these moves are not just rentals.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:48 am
Bobster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:33 am
Agree 100%.
The talking heads on Bleacher Report agree with you Bobster. They said the moves the bucs made while not earth shattering,
the team certainly is improved. Also these moves are not just rentals.
De La Cruz and IKF are good additions and in line with what the Pirates could/should do. We didn't expect them to give up major prospects or acquire stud players with big contracts. But these are solid players who will be more productive than a few of the automatic outs who have been starting for the Bucs. It can only help the lineup, which still won't be strong but with the pitching they have, all they needed to do was become less chronically weak.

Also it was good to see Bae play last night after injuring his knee in the previous gamed. He made a game saving catch in RF.