Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by ChitownBucco »

6269616D6869723731467F676E6969286569060 wrote:

I still want a better bench.

Bench can easily be dealt with via trade before the deadline if you have a playoff caliber team.

starting pitching needs to be addressed first

2013 buc team that won 94 games started Gaby Sanchez at first, Garrett Jones in Right with a bench of

John Macdonald

Travis Snider

Josh Harrison

Jose Tabata

Mike Mchenry

Brandon F-ing Inge

the reason they went from a 79 win team to a 94 win team was starting pitching in

Burnett

Liriano both guys from outside the org that they took a chance on. (also Jeanmar Gomez another scrap heap contributor)

Bringing up Cole

and trading for Wandy

getting help from Cumpton

trading for Morneau, Byrd, Buck later in the year.

I don't think you worry about the bench until you have some guys with a balance of solid vet background with some youth upside in the starting rotation.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Sign Pedro, cut Jaso

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6C47465B4058416D5A4C4C402F0 wrote:

I don't think you worry about the bench until you have some guys with a balance of solid vet background with some youth upside in the starting rotation.

I agree, but I am not that worried about the starting rotation. Nova and Cole are veterans and both still have upside. Taillon is a special sophomore. Kuhl has the youth upside along with Taillon.

With the way Hurdle uses the bench and the way the Pirates are streaky on offense, I think a better bench option is needed so they can get to the deadline. The 2013 bench might be better than what is projected now (it is close).

I just think Frazier, Hanson, Jaso, and Stewart are single hitters instead of someone who can drive the ball to the gap. I hope Freese duplicates last year, but we know he is aging. Jaso is also limited in the field.