Status of Kang

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Status of Kang

Post by IABucFan »

2229212D2829327771063F272E2929682529460 wrote: Ugh.  I think Kang is a young man who enjoys to party. He is single, no kids, goes to the bars and clubs, hits on women and drinks until the bar closes.

You know, like almost every other 20 something in the world.

I hope he learned his lesson. But this doesn't mean he is depressed, an alcoholic, or has a problem. Ask around, I am sure you know people who had a DUI.  It's scary, but people get busted all the time. There are probably even more people who made it home and didn't get caught.

Not an excuse by any means.  I just really doubt Kang or any athlete can be a functioning alcoholic. At least, I would be very surprised. Did you not see the Penguins partying and drinking on parade day?  They were having fun, probably got drunk. Doesn't mean they have a problem with the substance.

First of all, Kang is 30, not 20.  Second, I know plenty of 20 year olds who don't live like that.  Third, by your own admission, people do this and don't get caught.  Kang got caught at least three times.  Either he's incredibly unlucky, or has done this numerous other times when he didn't get caught.  As I said in my earlier post, I'm not a psychologist, and even if I were, couldn't diagnose him through a computer.  All I'm saying is that tendencies are there.

I am just saying you have a friend or a know someone who has had too much to drink and made a stupid decision and drove home.  Probably more than once too.  That doesn't mean he is an alcoholic or has a problem.  It just doesn't.  Drinking every day, drinking when you wake up or needing the drink are way different than just going out and having too much to drink.

Kang just turned 30, so he was in his 20's. 

Drunk Driving is so scary.  It is extremely bad.  I am rarely on the roads when the bars close.  Uber could be the best invention ever.  But it happens every day.  More people get home than get caught in my opinion. 

This is all true.
johnfluharty

Status of Kang

Post by johnfluharty »

73414D4D596B48414C494641200 wrote:

But again, though . . .

1).  You were arrested for it.

2).  You were arrested for it again.

3).  You're a millionaire and can afford to have someone drive you around.

At some point the You're Young and Do Stuff Like That "defense" doesn't cut it. 

Exactly. A millionaire who loves to party should be driven around by someone in a stretch limo with a bar in it.