Wed 8/2 Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Wed 8/2 Game

Post by skinnyhorse »

0B262B3A3D2C3B7B78490 wrote: Losing can become contagious. They seem to once again have the losers' mentality of expecting to lose even against the pathetic pitchers they are facing. There is no energy. No passion. They just seem to show up and wait to get it over with. The manager may have instilled the feeling that it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you get plenty of rest. The FO has instilled the idea that you don't even need 3 OFers on the team as long as you're making money. The players all saw the lack of any effort all season long to improve the roster. They get it. If their bosses don't care, why should they?
Good critique, I still say the man on the field (Clint Hurdle) has the best chance to motivate this team and losing to the worst teams in the game is just unacceptable to most managers but not Clint. It is mind boggling that we can't beat the Reds, Giants, and Padres. I would absolutely be lighting a fire under some folks for these kind of results.
Bobster21

Wed 8/2 Game

Post by Bobster21 »

I've transitioned this season from thinking Hurdle is a very average manager to thinking he's a very poor one.