A player the Bucs should attempt to sign

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

A player the Bucs should attempt to sign

Post by dmetz »

44455E4F59191E2A0 wrote: If the payroll cap is 120, sign Jay Bruce on a 2/20 or even maybe a touch more. . Try to keep it at two years.   We are desperate for the slugging and his defense is plus in RF. I don't give a rats patooty about his .250 average or .320 OBP.   Power and defense, both huge needs.

Trade McCutchen it's coming anyway.  Leys get it over with.. Marte to CF Polanco to LF. 

Sign Todd Frazier. Hope to God that NH doesn't blow it when he trades Cutch.

You're still under 110.   Or you could trade Polanco keep Cutch and still sign Frazier.

But that would mean payroll would be 120 and we would actually be going all in to try to make something happen before Cutch leaves for FA

Any OF with Polanco in it just makes me want to  :'(. I could care less about potential, he is always hurt, he will get hot for a week and then disappear for a month. He is well below average defensively. The only enticing thing is he is still relatively cheap. I would trade him in the hopes someone bites on the potential.

Sure, we could move on with Polanco. I would be OK with that. The problem for us is our payroll cap, even at 110, getting rid of Polanco for minor league talent isn't going to allow us to stay under 110 and add two key lineup pieces.

If we moved Polanco, signed Bruce, kept cutch, signed Lowrie and moved JHay to 3b we would be over 110.

Unless we could get rid of Cervelli, which we would probably have to Liriano and include prospects just to get rid of that baby