Frazier vs Harrison

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Frazier vs Harrison

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

2D242C3D33490 wrote: What are you trying to teach me? 

Why is Frazier ok to replace Harrison when Harrison is out?  33 games is a lot of starts. 

Whoa there.  Who said it was OK for Frazier to replace JHay for 33 games?   Just because the team actually did it, that makes it ok ? (I know for YOU that answer is yes but I'm asking rhetorically since the answer is obviously no)

Was Jaso OK to play OF for 60 games (46 which were starts) because it actually happened?

What are you doing with the 9 million dollars?   You never answered. 

Are we putting it towards having a big middle of the order bat playing 3b with that savings, to help offset the significant defensive downgrade at 2b?  Or maybe RF, same big bat?   Or just bullpen pieces like you suggested in other threads?

The Pirates obviously thought it was ok to play Frazier at 2B. I didn't make that decision. They make all the decisions. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison was traded to make room for Frazier. I didn't even say I would like the move. I just said I can see it happening. Wow, man, wow.

I don't know where the extra money will be invested. I don't work for the Pirates. I don't know if moves will be made. I just brought up a discussion question.

Let me ask you (the board) this: Would you take Daniel Murphy over Harrison to play 2B?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Frazier vs Harrison

7D5C547D565E390 wrote: What are you trying to teach me? 

Why is Frazier ok to replace Harrison when Harrison is out?  33 games is a lot of starts. 

Since Alvarez's defense was pointed out (again), the Pirates made the playoffs with him leading the league in errors at 3B and then 1B (he had to be the worst fielding 1B ever).

So, I did learn how one really bad fielder won't kill a team if they can contribute in other areas.  Would Frazier be worse than Alvarez?   

I guess my efforts to teach you a thing or two will go wasted.  You are incapable of learning when you watch something happen.  Geesh!!!!  I have to say that your ability to understanding why myself and others are trying to explain and teach you about Frazier compared to Harrison is useless.  About as useless as a screen door in a submarine!

What are you trying to teach?
DemDog

Frazier vs Harrison

Post by DemDog »

3D363E3237362D686E192038313636773A36590 wrote: What are you trying to teach me? 

Since Alvarez's defense was pointed out (again), the Pirates made the playoffs with him leading the league in errors at 3B and then 1B (he had to be the worst fielding 1B ever).

So, I did learn how one really bad fielder won't kill a team if they can contribute in other areas.  Would Frazier be worse than Alvarez?   

I guess my efforts to teach you a thing or two will go wasted.  You are incapable of learning when you watch something happen.  Geesh!!!!  I have to say that your ability to understanding why myself and others are trying to explain and teach you about Frazier compared to Harrison is useless.  About as useless as a screen door in a submarine!

What are you trying to teach?

For the last time I am trying to teach you to think critically. I am sorry that I did not realize that you had no idea about what critical thinking is.

Here is the definition of critical thinking: the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.

If you would like more details about critical thinking I suggest that you Google it and you will find much more detail about it and how to use it.

Do not take every positive thing that you hear about the Pirates especially from their PR (that's Public Relations in case you didn't know that) angle as being the gospel. That includes the announcers and commentators you hear and see on TV and radio. Instead use critical thinking about what they say about a player before you start making rash statements like you often do about a lot of Pirate subjects. You see if you have thought out your opinion critically then perhaps you would have a true and honest defense of you opinion.

I just hope this explanation is not above your ability to comprehend the concept.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Frazier vs Harrison

Possum, isn't that what I am doing?

I noticed depth at 2B.  I noticed the Pirates play Frazier at 2B when Harrison is out.  I noticed their bats are very similar (I even pointed that out to you in stats).  I noticed their ages and salaries.  I noticed they traded a second baseman in the past to make room for a younger player.  I noticed how the Pirates like to save money.

It's just a discussion in what might happen with the Pirates.  I didn't hear of this possibility from the announcers or the PR department.  It was my own thinking. 

If you think the trade off from Harrison to Frazier is not good for the Pirates, that's fine.  Many agree with you.  Part of my discussion question was is the trade off that big of a drop off if another piece can be acquired.  The Pirates will make that decision.  I never even said my position on the proposed questions.  I just brought it up as a possibility and that I wouldn't be surprised if it happens based on the Pirates' thought process and my critical thinking.
DemDog

Frazier vs Harrison

Post by DemDog »

575C54585D5C470204734A525B5C5C1D505C330 wrote: Possum, isn't that what I am doing?

I noticed depth at 2B.  I noticed the Pirates play Frazier at 2B when Harrison is out.  I noticed their bats are very similar (I even pointed that out to you in stats).  I noticed their ages and salaries.  I noticed they traded a second baseman in the past to make room for a younger player.  I noticed how the Pirates like to save money.

It's just a discussion in what might happen with the Pirates.  I didn't hear of this possibility from the announcers or the PR department.  It was my own thinking. 

If you think the trade off from Harrison to Frazier is not good for the Pirates, that's fine.  Many agree with you.  Part of my discussion question was is the trade off that big of a drop off if another piece can be acquired.  The Pirates will make that decision.  I never even said my position on the proposed questions.  I just brought it up as a possibility and that I wouldn't be surprised if it happens based on the Pirates' thought process and my critical thinking.

I guess another lesson is needed. You need to get your head out of the sand and widen your tunnel vision to see the rationality of what others on OBN say about your comments on Frazier vs Harrison. If you don't get it now and admit that you may have been wrong in your view I see no hope for you in the future.

And this applies not just to this one discussion but to many others you have been in.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Frazier vs Harrison

What am I wrong about?

Is Harrison not a better defensive player? Is Frazier not bad on defense? Are their offensive stats not similar?

Do the Pirates not like to save money? Did the Pirates not trade a second baseman recently? Do the Pirates not have depth at second base?

I really have no idea what YOU are talking about.
dmetz

Frazier vs Harrison

Post by dmetz »

252E262A2F2E357076013820292E2E6F222E410 wrote: What am I wrong about? 

Is Harrison not a better defensive player?  Is Frazier not bad on defense?  Are their offensive stats not similar? 

Do the Pirates not like to save money?  Did the Pirates not trade a second baseman recently?  Do the Pirates not have depth at second base?

I don't disagree with you that it might happen.  Pretty much because we're one of the worst run organizations in baseball. 

If they do it and don't acquire substantial upgrades at other positions to offset the team getting worse at 2nd base, the move would be complete indefensible. (from a team wanting to compete, if they're selling off that's different) 

You're just getting out in front of a possible very bad decision that may occur this offseason. 

JHay is easily a top 5 NL 2nd baseman.   When Walker was moved, it was partially defended by JHay (who had a MONSTER year) taking over 2b and who was already a defensive upgrade. You, in fact, did this in another thread recently.

The Frazier / Harrison situation you're talking about has very little in common to the Harrison Walker situation, except for 2 things:

1)  It involves 2b

2) It involves saving money (in a different way, with Niese it was years)

Nothing else about it is comparable.   
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Frazier vs Harrison

272E263739430 wrote: What am I wrong about? 

Is Harrison not a better defensive player?  Is Frazier not bad on defense?  Are their offensive stats not similar? 

Do the Pirates not like to save money?  Did the Pirates not trade a second baseman recently?  Do the Pirates not have depth at second base?

I don't disagree with you that it might happen.  Pretty much because we're one of the worst run organizations in baseball. 

If they do it and don't acquire substantial upgrades at other positions to offset the team getting worse at 2nd base, the move would be complete indefensible. (from a team wanting to compete, if they're selling off that's different) 

You're just getting out in front of a possible very bad decision that may occur this offseason. 

JHay is easily a top 5 NL 2nd baseman.   When Walker was moved, it was partially defended by JHay (who had a MONSTER year) taking over 2b and who was already a defensive upgrade.  You, in fact, did this in another thread recently. 

The Frazier / Harrison situation you're talking about has very little in common to the Harrison Walker situation, except for 2 things:

1)  It involves 2b

2) It involves saving money (in a different way, with Niese it was years)

Nothing else about it is comparable.   

I agree with you, dmetz. If the moving of Harrison doesn't improve other positions, then it will just be a money move.

Frazier and Harrison have comparable bats. Age and Salary always come into play. That's where I see the comparison of the Walker trade.

If this does happen, I want it to impact the 2018 team, not down the road for prospects. Good post, dmetz.
Bobster21

Frazier vs Harrison

Post by Bobster21 »

I like Frazier a lot. I think they really need his bat in the lineup. Of course, we're all wondering if Cutch will be back. Even a trade of Marte or Polanco wouldn't be a shock. One way or another, I think Frazier will be starting in the OF next year.
SammyKhalifa

Frazier vs Harrison

Post by SammyKhalifa »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: I like Frazier a lot. I think they really need his bat in the lineup. Of course, we're all wondering if Cutch will be back. Even a trade of Marte or Polanco wouldn't be a shock. One way or another, I think Frazier will be starting in the OF next year.

I think on good teams he's a 4th OF