Official Game Thread - 7/20 - Bucs vs Phillies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 7/20 - Bucs vs Phillies

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Osushawn wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:15 am Ortiz needs to be a full time part of the rotation. Either trade Perez for what you can get or dfa. Priester seems to be doing well in the relief role. Maybe that is the process they need to use moving forward. Lengthen in long relief and move to starter.
After tonight, Ortiz deserves and needs to be a regular starter
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Absolutely, objectively he's been as good as Skenes or anyone else for the past several weeks.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Doc wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:59 am A little hiccup by Bednar in the 9th but all is well. Bucs win. Bucs win. Bob Nutting not at all happy with these developments.
Every Pirate and Philly fan in the stadium called Harper's HR before he hit it. You just knew he would, and it would be launched mightily. every single one of us were impressed, it was a majestic sight.

The reason? Harper is a true MVP, he's a true HOF type of player. Not just upper echelon, but elite. IMHO he probably is more than just a little PO'd at the rest of the team right now.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Doc wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:59 am A little hiccup by Bednar in the 9th but all is well. Bucs win. Bucs win. Bob Nutting not at all happy with these developments.
It is a damn shame that knowing what he may do tempers my excitement of what is going on at present. And I am excited and hopeful at the moment.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:15 am Raise IT!!
Ortiz was outstanding
Chapman- lights out
Surg- two in a row and he is going tomorrow
My brother-in-law was at the game and he sent
me a text after 5 innings and he said, " Philly fan's
assholes getting a little tight. You can see it in their eyes"
After Cutch's HR, my text was, "they just got a little tighter"
Which brother-in-law?? Your sister's husband?
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:28 am
Every Pirate and Philly fan in the stadium called Harper's HR before he hit it. You just knew he would, and it would be launched mightily. every single one of us were impressed, it was a majestic sight.

The reason? Harper is a true MVP, he's a true HOF type of player. Not just upper echelon, but elite. IMHO he probably is more than just a little PO'd at the rest of the team right now.
You are 100% correct about Harper but I hate him for an incident when he was with the Nationals. Got real cocky in an interview and I've rooted he doesn't win a WS in his career ever since. So happy when Nats won it after he left. Phillies have me worried but last 2 years I've been lucky.

Bucs will stop them this season. ;)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:28 am

I know a lot of baseball fans didn't like him right away, for whatever reason, but that guy is special. He's lived up to the hype he was getting way back in high school. I think many saw him as arrogant when he first came to the Nationals but it's just his confidence. Nothing wrong with that. And every time I've heard him interviewed, he seems more humble than arrogant. I'll bet he's a great teammate, too.
Doc

Post by Doc »

bucs607179 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:48 am
It is a damn shame that knowing what he may do tempers my excitement of what is going on at present. And I am excited and hopeful at the moment.
Exactly. We can only go by what he's done in the past, not by what he's saying now. We've heard his promises (lies) before. It's not a good idea for us to expect him to live up to them. This team would be scary in the playoffs because of the rotation, but it needs a couple of legit outfield bats. BC and his staff are baseball people. They want to win. They know what to do. But Nutting, who knows as much about baseball as Sister Mary Angelina Ignatius, has a different goal.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

bucs607179 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:50 am
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:15 am Raise IT!!
Ortiz was outstanding
Chapman- lights out
Surg- two in a row and he is going tomorrow
My brother-in-law was at the game and he sent
me a text after 5 innings and he said, " Philly fan's
assholes getting a little tight. You can see it in their eyes"
After Cutch's HR, my text was, "they just got a little tighter"
Which brother-in-law?? Your sister's husband?
Well it certainly wasn't you and if it's not you, it certainly is him.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

It would be nice to go for the sweep today. Especially with Keller and Skenes ready to start the St.L. series. Could be a major win streak. However....it's Sunday. So Triolo will play. And there's a RHP so both Suwinski and Taylor will play. I hope I'm wrong.
There's no basement in the Alamo.