8/14 Game Thread...Kuhl Runnings...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

4D7B7A6D66677D6F4C617D7D0E0 wrote: Bastardo looks terrible today...
Guy works so slow really dislike him be in any game. If he'd speed it up he might find success. I really like the way Kuhl works fast very fast.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

6D6A7C747A6D2A265F78727E7673317C70721F0 wrote: The Pirates made a very poor decision removing Kuhl from the rotation about a month ago when he pitched that gem against the Nats. He should have been pitching up here ever since that game. Instead the Pirates played around and started Jeff Locke I believe 3 extra times when Kuhl could have been the one making those starts and potentially winning those games that Locke was terrible in.

Just like Josh Bell still not being up here just poor roster management by the Pirates that I believe has costs them several games in a race that is very tight where every win going forward is going to matter.

Agreed.  Even today on his radio show Neal would not commit to Kuhl staying in the rotation.  I don't get it at all.  But for one start he's been excellent this summer.  His era is down to 3.73.  He's using 3 pitches.  No walks today.  Why is Neal/Clint so reserved about Kuhl?

Lets see what they do instead of what they say or don't say. The kids have pitched well...

I, though, believe Brault and Glasnow need a bit more time in AAA.

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

0B3D3C2B20213B290A273B3B480 wrote: The Pirates made a very poor decision removing Kuhl from the rotation about a month ago when he pitched that gem against the Nats. He should have been pitching up here ever since that game. Instead the Pirates played around and started Jeff Locke I believe 3 extra times when Kuhl could have been the one making those starts and potentially winning those games that Locke was terrible in.

Just like Josh Bell still not being up here just poor roster management by the Pirates that I believe has costs them several games in a race that is very tight where every win going forward is going to matter.

Agreed.  Even today on his radio show Neal would not commit to Kuhl staying in the rotation.  I don't get it at all.  But for one start he's been excellent this summer.  His era is down to 3.73.  He's using 3 pitches.  No walks today.  Why is Neal/Clint so reserved about Kuhl?

Because they're desperately searching for a spot to get Locke back in the rotation!

Maybe they dislike winning cause that's all the guy has done, pure and simple he's a winner.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think Huntington likes Kuhl because I have heard him say in the past that teams asked for him at various trade situations, and he declined to move him. No walks today,very impressive.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I am not sure how they can't give Kuhl another start. He would have to be shut down for the rest of the year for me to believe anything.
Quail

Post by Quail »

I've said it before but I'll repeat; I really like the approach Chad Kuhl has to pitching. He works fast, throws strikes and has a terrific sinker. This kid is going to be very good.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Big fan of Kuhl.

Also a big fan of building on a lead and FINALLY winning a game decisively. It's been a while.

Pirates now 6-0 in games started by Kuhl.

I'm good with the current rotation ... although I'm not confident how long Vogelsong and Nova can keep it up.

In my opinion, when there is a crack in the rotation, it needs to be Brault's turn next. (A) I think he's good and is underrated; (B) It would be nice to get a lefty in the rotation; (C) He seems more polished than Glasnow at this point.

steve49

Post by steve49 »

38333B373233286D6B1C253D343333723F335C0 wrote: Why put in Polanco? Up six runs, could score more. He is banged up. Weird move.

It is 10-3 Pirates. Rodriguez, Harrison, Kang will all good days at the plate.

I'll add Frazier to that list ?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cubs up 3-1 on the Cards in the 8th. If this holds the Bucs will be a 1/2 game behind the Cards and will stay 1 game behind Miami who plays the Reds in Cincinnati the next 4 games. We need the Reds to hopefully give us a hand these next 3-4 days. Would be nice before the Fish come in here next weekend.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Spoke too soon Cards get 4 runs in the top of the 8th and now lead the Cubs 5-3 ugh....If the Cards hang on the Bucs will stay 1.5 back of the 2nd wildcard behind the Cards.