Game Thread 8/30

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Game Thread 8/30

Post by DemDog »

For those of you feed up like me may I suggest a team down I-79 about an hour from the Burgh in Morgantown. You can see the same type of game but at a much cheaper price and the kids on the team do not loaf or sulk. They are working hard with the talent given them in an effort to make it to MLB. The West Virginia Black Bears they are called and my wife and I will gladly go to more A- short season Black Bears games in 2018 than to PNC to see a hapless MLB team called the Pirates. Not that I am not rooting for the Pirates but they are no longer my priority in going to ball games.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Game Thread 8/30

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

48696148636B0C0 wrote: For those of you feed up like me may I suggest a team down I-79 about an hour from the Burgh in Morgantown.  You can see the same type of game but at a much cheaper price and the kids on the team do not loaf or sulk.  They are working hard with the talent given them in an effort to make it to MLB.  The West Virginia Black Bears they are called and my wife and I will gladly go to more A- short season Black Bears games in 2018 than to PNC to see a hapless MLB team called the Pirates.  Not that  I am not rooting for the Pirates but they are no longer my priority in going to ball games.

Put them on TV, then you will get followers. Don't most people watch more games than attend them?
rucker59@gmail.com

Game Thread 8/30

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Question for anyone that may know: I didn't watch the entire game (how much can a person endure?), but someone told me today that Marte was lazy on another fly ball, fairly early in the game. Can anyone varify?

Yeah - I've got issues with the team and some of the players, none more so than the maga-talented Marte who I think is a big part of the problem with this team. So I'm very interested in whether this is accurate.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Game Thread 8/30

4C4B5D555B4C0B077E59535F5752105D51533E0 wrote: Question for anyone that may know: I didn't watch the entire game (how much can a person endure?), but someone told me today that Marte was lazy on another fly ball, fairly early in the game. Can anyone varify?

Yeah - I've got issues with the team and some of the players, none more so than the maga-talented Marte who I think is a big part of the problem with this team. So I'm very interested in whether this is accurate.

He misread a ball that hit the wall. He turned the wrong way initially. I doubt he would have caught it with the right read considering the brick wall.

So, No, he was "lazy".
SteadyFreddy

Game Thread 8/30

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6265737B7562252950777D71797C3E737F7D100 wrote: Brownie just announced the upcoming home schedule: I wonder if there are any good tickets left?
Attendance is down 15 percent and will continue to suffer big time this last month of the season as it should. 98 wins two years seems like a lifetime ago and something we might never see again with this organization.
rucker59@gmail.com

Game Thread 8/30

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

48434B474243581D1B6C554D444343024F432C0 wrote: Question for anyone that may know: I didn't watch the entire game (how much can a person endure?), but someone told me today that Marte was lazy on another fly ball, fairly early in the game. Can anyone varify?

He misread a ball that hit the wall.  He turned the wrong way initially.  I doubt he would have caught it with the right read considering the brick wall.

So, No, he was "lazy". 

Are you saying he was or was not lazy? Just what I was told.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Game Thread 8/30

5651474F4156111D644349454D480A474B49240 wrote: Question for anyone that may know: I didn't watch the entire game (how much can a person endure?), but someone told me today that Marte was lazy on another fly ball, fairly early in the game. Can anyone varify?

He misread a ball that hit the wall.  He turned the wrong way initially.  I doubt he would have caught it with the right read considering the brick wall.

So, No, he was "lazy". 

Are you saying he was or was not lazy?  Just what I was told.

Ha ha, not lazy. Sorry.
INbuc

Game Thread 8/30

Post by INbuc »

56777F567D75120 wrote: For those of you feed up like me may I suggest a team down I-79 about an hour from the Burgh in Morgantown.  You can see the same type of game but at a much cheaper price and the kids on the team do not loaf or sulk.  They are working hard with the talent given them in an effort to make it to MLB.  The West Virginia Black Bears they are called and my wife and I will gladly go to more A- short season Black Bears games in 2018 than to PNC to see a hapless MLB team called the Pirates.  Not that  I am not rooting for the Pirates but they are no longer my priority in going to ball games.
Possum, I didn't remember to ask the day you posted, but do you have scouting report on guys like Sharpe, Madrid, Oliva, and Stafford...or any others?