9/5 game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

9/5 game

Post by Bobster21 »

2F242C2025243F7A7C0B322A2324246528244B0 wrote: Clutch hit by Moroff and yet ANOTHER incredibly stupid base running decision by Marte. I guess master motivator Hurdle forgot to motivate him to play intelligently.
I thought Marte was a lazy player?

Do you blame Hurdle on Bell too?
I sure do! I blame the mgr when too many players on the team don't know how to run the bases intelligently. Whose job is it to ensure the players know how to play the game intelligently?
fjk090852-7

9/5 game

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Bad move by Marte. Sometimes he does not use his head. I am probably one fan who would not be upset if the Bucs moved Marte this winter.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/5 game

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Risky play on Marte. He got a good jump. I still think he was safe. If the outfielder hesitates at all, Marte probably would have been safe. I liked the hustle. Marte is the only player who can even try to advance like that. Marte has never been a smart player.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/5 game

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

262D25292C2D367375023B232A2D2D6C212D420 wrote: Risky play on Marte. He got a good jump. I still think he was safe. If the outfielder hesitates at all, Marte probably would have been safe. I liked the hustle. Marte is the only player who can even try to advance like that. Marte has never been a smart player.

You like his hustle?  It's nice that tonight he decided to hustle into an out.  If he was characterized by hustling then I would get this post. But Marte is not characterized by hustle.  Instead one time he decides to bust his azz he makes a very stupid out at 3rd.  But if the OFer had hesitated at all Marte would have been safe!  It was a close play, can't believe Hurdle didn't review.  Even if he was out I love the hustle....

And then I think about the one guy on this team that defines hustle - if JHay made that out at 3rd you'd certainly see the play differently.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/5 game

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Great crowd tonight. Had to be at least 1000 folks at pnc.

I see Nutting was in attendance. Good thing - if he had not bought a ticket, official attendance would have only been 999.

Can you imagine if the Pirates were playing the Brewers or Reds or just about anyone else? Attendance would have been 499 since the Cub fans and probably Nutting would not have showed up.
DemDog

9/5 game

Post by DemDog »

606771797760272B52757F737B7E3C717D7F120 wrote: Great crowd tonight. Had to be at least 1000 folks at pnc.

I see Nutting was in attendance.  Good thing - if he had not bought a ticket, official attendance would have only been 999. 

Can you imagine if the Pirates were playing the Brewers or Reds or just about anyone else?  Attendance would have been 499 since the Cub fans and probably Nutting would not have showed up.

What makes you so sure Nutting even bought a ticket? 8-)
dmetz

9/5 game

Post by dmetz »

I think he was pretty clearly out on the replay.  Also on the replay, it looked like he was waived.   I'm pinning that one on 3b coach.

That's a killer baserunning error which we lucked out on with a wild pitch and Freese single.

Definitely looked to me like he was being waived over though.  Watching base coaches instead of the ball works for me.

Then again, with the play in front of him, it could have just been a coincidence that he was being waived. He may not have even picked up the coach
dmetz

9/5 game

Post by dmetz »

173A37262130276764550 wrote: I don't want a lefty pitcher just because they are left-handed. Brault needs to prove himself more. He hasn't done very well in the majors this year.
Very true. So it's up to the FO to find an effective LHP(s).

Huh?  It's definitely not the GMs job to build major and minor league rosters to try to take advantage of PNC park factors.  Can't pin that on NH.

Not his fault we have a single left handed starting pitcher anywhere near ML ready.  I blame the fans

Besides, we don't want a lefty just for the sake of a lefty. The rotation we have now is quali..oh wait. Well the prospects we have now are really quali...oh wait.

The fans just don't understand the advanced scouting and draft strategies.

johnfluharty

9/5 game

Post by johnfluharty »

Too much focus on the negative. Luplow with another bomb! Woo!

notes34

9/5 game

Post by notes34 »

755855444352450506370 wrote: OMG and then Bell does the same exact thing! Inning goes walk, single, single, wild pitch, K, walk, single. Inning over. Two runners out going to 3B. Do these guys have a clue as to base running? Gosh it's great to know Hurdle will be here 4 more years.
Bell's was not such a bad thing. He ensured the run was going to score by drawing a throw to 3rd.