2024 Official Minors Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Re: 2024 Official Minors Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Nick Yorke already has a hit in the first inning tonight, and the Pirates are too foolish to bring him up to see if he can hit MLB pitching like he has at AAA. Heck they gave up Priester to get him so get him to the Big Leagues.
Doc

Post by Doc »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:09 pm Nick Yorke already has a hit in the first inning tonight, and the Pirates are too foolish to bring him up to see if he can hit MLB pitching like he has at AAA. Heck they gave up Priester to get him so get him to the Big Leagues.
It’s become a fair question to ask if the brass has decided that the new strategy is to lose as many games as possible the rest of the way in order to improve their draft position. Outstanding way to run a baseball organization. Everyone deserves to be terminated but I’m not expecting many to lose their job. Nutting’s getting what he wants (maximum profit/minimal losses) so he doesn’t care. We’ll hear from him next June ecstatic that the team has such a high pick.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Sure hope he can bring that to Pittsburgh by this time next year.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Pittsburgh Sports Net is televising the Indy Game on their alternate channel, and I have watched some of their game this afternoon in which Nick Yorke is playing third base. He has made a couple nice plays, hit a homer and stretched a single and bobble into two bases. I know I have mentioned Yorke on a few occasions, and now since rosters have expanded why not bring him up and remove someone like Williams or Taylor. I would like to see if Yorke has the potential to open up the 2025 season on the Pirates roster.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I find it interesting that eventually, most every guy who has had a fair to good run down at Indy has at least gotten a taste of MLB with Bucs. I think about Joshua Palacios, Ji Hwan Bae, CSN, Travis Swaggerty, Miguel Andujar, Bligh Madris, Kevin Padlo, Phillip Evans, Jared Oliva, Dustin Fowler, Troy Stokes Jr., Jose Osuna, and Wil Craig just to name a few. I think of all the recycled trash they traded for and gave a shot, like John Nogowski and Ka'ai Tom. They brought guys up straight from AA like Suwinski and Castro.

So tell me, what the heck does Matt Gorski have to do to get a shot? He's having a great year at Indy. Before someone says that isn't his norm, because I can see that, I would also point out that maybe, just maybe he's figured it out. You know, that whole, "need 1500 AB's in the minors" thing. Because guess how many minor league AB's he has now?

Guess it doesn't help his cause that Cruz was moved to CF. Can't Gorski take over Taylor's role, when Cruz is a DH when there's a RH pitcher?

I get that he could fall on his face. McKinney hasn't done much, he was doing well at Indy, though once again, they call a guy up and don't play him. It's the curse of Suwinski striking again. They gave him so much playing time, so much patience, that now they are afraid to give a guy a shot.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:31 pm I find it interesting that eventually, most every guy who has had a fair to good run down at Indy has at least gotten a taste of MLB with Bucs. I think about Joshua Palacios, Ji Hwan Bae, CSN, Travis Swaggerty, Miguel Andujar, Bligh Madris, Kevin Padlo, Phillip Evans, Jared Oliva, Dustin Fowler, Troy Stokes Jr., Jose Osuna, and Wil Craig just to name a few. I think of all the recycled trash they traded for and gave a shot, like John Nogowski and Ka'ai Tom. They brought guys up straight from AA like Suwinski and Castro.

So tell me, what the heck does Matt Gorski have to do to get a shot? He's having a great year at Indy. Before someone says that isn't his norm, because I can see that, I would also point out that maybe, just maybe he's figured it out. You know, that whole, "need 1500 AB's in the minors" thing. Because guess how many minor league AB's he has now?

Guess it doesn't help his cause that Cruz was moved to CF. Can't Gorski take over Taylor's role, when Cruz is a DH when there's a RH pitcher?

I get that he could fall on his face. McKinney hasn't done much, he was doing well at Indy, though once again, they call a guy up and don't play him. It's the curse of Suwinski striking again. They gave him so much playing time, so much patience, that now they are afraid to give a guy a shot.
There isn't a whole lot this organization does right, Surge, regarding its personnel. Does anyone in management know what he's doing? They must have a plan but it seems the only thing that comes from it is failure. They're frustrating, exasperating, infuriating all at the same time. I actually feel badly for the players the Pirates draft.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Last edited by 3pirates3 on Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.