Travis Wood

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Travis Wood

Post by SCBucco »

040F070B0E0F145157201901080F0F4E030F600 wrote: Glasnow will be the Super 2 call up. He won't make the team out of Spring Training.

If no pitcher is brought in, I also see Hutchison as the fifth starter.

Hutchinson should not be anywhere close to the rotation. He is worse than Jeff Locke. The only reason he had that big year was because Toronto scored 50,000 runs per game. His stats prove that.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Travis Wood

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

You would rather have Jeff Locke than Drew Hutchison? Locke does have a better ERA but more walks and less strike outs than Hutchison.

I think Hutchison will win the 5th spot over Steven Brault in Spring Training. The coaches like something in Hutchison. It should be a good battle. I like Brault. He has a lot of talent, but he was a little wild last year and got him in trouble.

I also assume Hutchison will be the main whipping boy in 2017 because of the way he was acquired. Just like Daniel Moskos, he had no choice.
dmetz

Travis Wood

Post by dmetz »

Lol Terrible pitchers competing against one another. Nothing against brault.

We should probably aim a little higher ? Nah
OrlandoMerced

Travis Wood

Post by OrlandoMerced »

38333B373233286D6B1C253D343333723F335C0 wrote: Glasnow will be the Super 2 call up. He won't make the team out of Spring Training.

I'm not sure Glasnow is really a super two guy right now because of all he service time last year. I'm pretty sure he went on the MLB disabled list so for him to keep the six full years of control, he'll need to spend most of 2017 in AAA.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Travis Wood

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I am not sure about the Super 2 status on Glasnow. I think he had 87 days of service time last year.

My main point is that he will be the mid-season call up and won't make the team out of Spring Training. Assuming, there isn't a list of injuries.
DemDog

Travis Wood

Post by DemDog »

59647A777872795B7364757372160 wrote: Glasnow will be the Super 2 call up. He won't make the team out of Spring Training.

I'm not sure Glasnow is really a super two guy right now because of all he service time last year.  I'm pretty sure he went on the MLB disabled list so for him to keep the six full years of control, he'll need to spend most of 2017 in AAA.

Who knows, he may need the entire year in AAA til he learns to trust his change up and be more consistent with this control. But if he is ready sooner then by golly bring him up and to heck with the super 2 stuff. Why waste a guy with is potential especially if he seems to have things worked out.
SammyKhalifa

Travis Wood

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4C6D654C676F080 wrote: Glasnow will be the Super 2 call up. He won't make the team out of Spring Training.

I'm not sure Glasnow is really a super two guy right now because of all he service time last year.  I'm pretty sure he went on the MLB disabled list so for him to keep the six full years of control, he'll need to spend most of 2017 in AAA.

Who knows, he may need the entire year in AAA til he learns to trust his change up and be more consistent with this control.  But if he is ready sooner then by golly bring him up and to heck with the super 2 stuff.  Why waste a guy with is potential especially if he seems to have things worked out.

Yeah whenever/ifever he is ready bring him up. He'll need TJ long before super two becomes an issue anyhow. :o
johnfluharty

Travis Wood

Post by johnfluharty »

SammyKhalifa, eternal optimist.