So Tired of Clint's Lineups

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I remember the Pirates scoring 9 runs in the first inning against the same Cubs. Games like this happen. Oh well.

Nova was their best pitcher tonight (so far).
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

;D. :D ;D

:o :o 8-)

8-). ;D. :D

The Pirates are the Washington Generals to the Cubbies. What a FUN origanization these hapless Generals, eh Pirates, are.

Classic Pirate effort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKkxnWFq9T4

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

101701090710575B22050F030B0E4C010D0F620 wrote: ;D.   :D ;D

:o  :o 8-)

8-).  ;D.  :D

The Pirates are the Washington Generals to the Cubbies.  What a FUN origanization these hapless Generals, eh Pirates, are.

Classic Pirate effort:

Why is it that the Globetrotters' signature move is to hold the ball and slide 10 feet across the floor and it's not a travel? :)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

787F69616F783F334A6D676B6366246965670A0 wrote: ;D.   :D ;D

:o  :o 8-)

8-).  ;D.  :D

The Pirates are the Washington Generals to the Cubbies.  What a FUN origanization these hapless Generals, eh Pirates, are.

Classic Pirate effort:

Coming into this game the Pirates are 7-7 against the Cubs this year.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

253D3F38382F3E39242533560 wrote: We know they've given up with the Nicasio decision. Seems unlikely they would use him now and risk an injury that could cost them a whopping $660,000. So why aren't they going all in with Diaz, Osuna, Moroff, etc?
Kind of like the entire season, nothing CH does makes much sense.  Playing guys who we know who they are and what they can or can't do and leaving the younger players on the bench.  Totally a head scratcher, Clint needs to go the sooner the better I wouldn't allow him to finish the season. 
Clint had made some bad decisions like all Managers. He has also used some questionable lineups and rested players when they should have been playing. But to blame Clint is ridiculous. By punting, the FO dropped a turd in the punch bowl. They gave Clint a pig with lipstick and said go be competitive. The offense is putrid. Every reliever that Clint uses (with the exception of Rivero and Schugel; although Schugel sucked tonight) has blown up.

Sorry but this sorry season is the blame of Nutting and NH.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

07222121341F222A283F4D0 wrote: We know they've given up with the Nicasio decision. Seems unlikely they would use him now and risk an injury that could cost them a whopping $660,000. So why aren't they going all in with Diaz, Osuna, Moroff, etc?
Kind of like the entire season, nothing CH does makes much sense.  Playing guys who we know who they are and what they can or can't do and leaving the younger players on the bench.  Totally a head scratcher, Clint needs to go the sooner the better I wouldn't allow him to finish the season. 
Clint had made some bad decisions like all Managers. He has also used some questionable lineups and rested players when they should have been playing. But to blame Clint is ridiculous. By punting, the FO dropped a turd in the punch bowl. They gave Clint a pig with lipstick and said go be competitive. The offense is putrid. Every reliever that Clint uses (with the exception of Rivero and Schugel; although Schugel sucked tonight) has blown up.

I agree with that. Nutting, and by extension NH (due to Nutting's financial constraints) doomed the team. But that doesn't excuse Hurdle from consistently making bad decisions to get even less out of his team than was possible.
thessy

Post by thessy »

0D282B2B3E1528202235470 wrote: We know they've given up with the Nicasio decision. Seems unlikely they would use him now and risk an injury that could cost them a whopping $660,000. So why aren't they going all in with Diaz, Osuna, Moroff, etc?

Nobody wants Hurdle to be fired because he didn't take a below-average team to the World Series. People want Hurdle fired because his players lack discipline, his players lack fundamental skills, he routinely makes absolutely absurd lineup decisions (Greg Brown has criticized that on The Fan more than once, including today, pretty sure even Brownie wants him fired), regularly acts like a little-league coach and values getting everyone playing time over actually winning, regularly leaves starting pitchers in when they're getting pounded because yanking them would deviate from his game plan, mismanages the bullpen, has a weird obsession with the double switch, lets his stubbornness get in the way of logical decision-making, and really just kind of sucks at game-management. This is not new to this season, it just gets noticed a lot more when there isn't enough talent around to compensate for his shenanigans. A manager has a responsibility to prioritize winning and get the most out of what he has to work with and CH does not do either of those things. Super nice guy, I wish him well, but I don't want him managing this team.
sdimmick3

Post by sdimmick3 »

I am a fan of the man named Clint Hurdle, but to play Stewart over Diaz is ridiculous. He's batting under the Mendoza. Come on now! I think he wants an out. He's gotta be tired of the FO lack of acquisitions to benefit this team. Heck, they make moves that negatively impact this team for no apparent reason. Im tired of it, you're tired of it, im sure Clint and the players are tired of it too.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3824293F3F354C0 wrote:

Nobody wants Hurdle to be fired because he didn't take a below-average team to the World Series.  People want Hurdle fired because his players lack discipline, his players lack fundamental skills, he routinely makes absolutely absurd lineup decisions (Greg Brown has criticized that on The Fan more than once, including today, pretty sure even Brownie wants him fired), regularly acts like a little-league coach and values getting everyone playing time over actually winning, regularly leaves starting pitchers in when they're getting pounded because yanking them would deviate from his game plan, mismanages the bullpen, has a weird obsession with the double switch, lets his stubbornness get in the way of logical decision-making, and really just kind of sucks at game-management.  This is not new to this season, it just gets noticed a lot more when there isn't enough talent around to compensate for his shenanigans.  A manager has a responsibility to prioritize winning and get the most out of what he has to work with and CH does not do either of those things.  Super nice guy, I wish him well, but I don't want him managing this team.
Yep! That about says it.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Firing Clint does absolutely nothing but deflect away from the real issues. We all know that the FO punted on this season. That is now a fact. The FO gave him this hodge podge of a team and he tried to make it work by giving everyone a chance; very similar in fact to how Leyland managed his bench.

You berate him for how he used the bullpen, but honestly, how could anyone have been successful with the awful performances turned in night after night by everyone not named Rivero.

I totally agree with the fact that the team was lacking in fundamentals. Some of that blame can be put on Hurdle and the Coaches; but my God, these are professional baseball players that have spent their whole life for the most part playing this game. If they don't know fundamentals by the time they reach the majors then you have to throw most of the blame on them.

Clint has been a pillar in the community, the players respect him. His career and personal life's ups and downs has made him very relatable. Nobody was saying that Clint was terrible when the Pirates were in the playoffs for 3 straight years and he was winning Manager of the year.

The fresh blood we need is an infusion of additional talent and good performance by our next wave of prospects not the firing of Hurdle