Game Thread 8/30

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Game Thread 8/30

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0A272A3B3C2D3A7A79480 wrote: Post game press conference: Clint and Neal with an explanation of tomorrow's likely lineup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_gSWTQKE-0I'm

Pre-press conference entertainment courtesy of Bob "All In" Nutting, a preview of next season's between-innings Fun and Pirates Baseball Show.   Guaranteed to draw millions of happy fans!
Personally, I'm excited that giving away Nicasio will provide the financial flexibility to sign Max Moroff in 2018.

Apparently Max can dance - the in between-innings entertainment will be provided by Pirate Players off the bench (that's Max falling down at the end of the skit - what a barrel of laughs these Pittsburgh Pirates are!
JollyRoger

Game Thread 8/30

Post by JollyRoger »

What a week. We almost have a perfect game thrown against us and 1 week later the Cubs drop 2 TD's and a field goal on us.

Is there a rock bottom?
rucker59@gmail.com

Game Thread 8/30

65404343567D40484A5D2F0 wrote: What a week. We almost have a perfect game thrown against us and 1 week later the Cubs drop 2 TD's and a field goal on us.

Is there a rock bottom?

Did I just hear Joe Block say "should the Cubs sweep..." as the Pirates come to bat in the 9th down by 14!
SCBucco

Game Thread 8/30

Post by SCBucco »

735E53424554430300310 wrote: Hey, just 3 grand slams and we could go to extra innings.

Always looking at it from a positive perspective. :)
SCBucco

Game Thread 8/30

Post by SCBucco »

210C01101706115152630 wrote: Post game press conference: Clint and Neal with an explanation of tomorrow's likely lineup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_gSWTQKE-0I'm

Pre-press conference entertainment courtesy of Bob "All In" Nutting, a preview of next season's between-innings Fun and Pirates Baseball Show.   Guaranteed to draw millions of happy fans!
Personally, I'm excited that giving away Nicasio will provide the financial flexibility to sign Max Moroff in 2018.

LOL, or someone worse.
rucker59@gmail.com

Game Thread 8/30

Brownie just announced the upcoming home schedule: I wonder if there are any good tickets left?
Bobster21

Game Thread 8/30

Post by Bobster21 »

3631272F2136717D042329252D286A272B29440 wrote: What a week. We almost have a perfect game thrown against us and 1 week later the Cubs drop 2 TD's and a field goal on us.

Is there a rock bottom?

Did I just hear Joe Block say "should the Cubs sweep..." as the Pirates come to bat in the 9th down by 14!

Block gets paid by the word (apparently). I chose to watch the Cubs feed (for as much of the game as I could stand, which wasn't much) with the sound down and listened to the Bucs radio broadcast. And the timing didn't even match up. But I'm at the point were I can't stand hearing Block anymore.
MaineBucs

Game Thread 8/30

Post by MaineBucs »

Yeasterday's game.

Hard to imagine any game better signifying the proverbial nail in the coffin.

Stewart should be embarrassed. Baez made him look like a little league catcher playing pro ball.

2017 - What a disappointment.

SammyKhalifa

Game Thread 8/30

Post by SammyKhalifa »

694449585F4E59191A2B0 wrote: What a week. We almost have a perfect game thrown against us and 1 week later the Cubs drop 2 TD's and a field goal on us.

Is there a rock bottom?

Block gets paid by the word (apparently). I chose to watch the Cubs feed (for as much of the game as I could stand, which wasn't much) with the sound down and listened to the Bucs radio broadcast. And the timing didn't even match up. But I'm at the point were I can't stand hearing Block anymore.

Really? I don't mind him.
Bobster21

Game Thread 8/30

Post by Bobster21 »

7C4E42425664474E4346494E2F0 wrote: What a week. We almost have a perfect game thrown against us and 1 week later the Cubs drop 2 TD's and a field goal on us.

Is there a rock bottom?

Really?  I don't mind him. 
I didn't used to. It's just been this season. He never stops talking and drones on about silly, inane topics just to fill air time with his voice. He should realize that a few moments of silence while watching the visual images of the TV broadcast are ok and actually preferable to having to listen to him talking nonstop when there's nothing of significance to say.