9/7 vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1A3C3D2A3C2C5F0 wrote: Just an awful game. 

In the meantime the Indians are about to win their 15th in a row.  Comparing their team and the Pirates makes me want to puke.
Oh c'mon the Pirates have had more success under current management teams. :P

Four playoff appearances in 17 years.  Longest World Series drought as an organization in baseball.  Such a great Owner.  Put up a statue already. 

Still not sure how that is better than three playoff appearances in 10 years? 

Seems fair to me.

what about the trend going forward?

quote]

They are playing great. Five winning seasons in a row. They didn't do much from 2008 - 2012. Not sure why their current run is being praised, but the Pirates recent run was not good enough and the whole Nutting era is questioned/tarnished. Dolan's been around a lot longer. They aren't getting two million fans to the ballpark either. I'm just being fair. Seems silly to praise Dolan and knock Nutting.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

58535B575253480D0B7C455D545353125F533C0 wrote: Just an awful game. 

In the meantime the Indians are about to win their 15th in a row.  Comparing their team and the Pirates makes me want to puke.

Four playoff appearances in 17 years.  Longest World Series drought as an organization in baseball.  Such a great Owner.  Put up a statue already. 

Seems fair to me.

quote]

They are playing great.  Five winning seasons in a row.  They didn't do much from 2008 - 2012.  Not sure why their current run is being praised, but the Pirates recent run was not good enough and the whole Nutting era is questioned/tarnished.  Dolan's been around a lot longer.  They aren't getting two million fans to the ballpark either.  I'm just being fair.  Seems silly to praise Dolan and knock Nutting. 

Ridiculous. When Nutting spends $$ at the Indian's level please come back and let us know. Until then you're simply serving as his apologist.
Bobster21

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by Bobster21 »

7671676F6176313D446369656D682A676B69040 wrote: Just an awful game. 

Seems fair to me.

quote]

They are playing great.  Five winning seasons in a row.  They didn't do much from 2008 - 2012.  Not sure why their current run is being praised, but the Pirates recent run was not good enough and the whole Nutting era is questioned/tarnished.  Dolan's been around a lot longer.  They aren't getting two million fans to the ballpark either.  I'm just being fair.  Seems silly to praise Dolan and knock Nutting. 

Ridiculous. When Nutting spends $$ at the Indian's level please come back and let us know. Until then you're simply serving as his apologist.

Dog, you're being absurd. You can't imagine why people would currently be praising Cleveland and not the Pirates. That's like looking a a chart for Cleveland:

/

/

/

/

/

and a chart for the Pirates:

/

/

/

and not seeing a difference.

Indians started winning in 2013 and have not had a losing season since. They seem to be building something.

Lost WC game 2013.

Won division, won division series, won ALCS and lost WS in 2016

Will win division in 2017. Have 2nd best record in AL and 4th best in MLB. Currently on 15 game win streak. Legit contender for WS.

Pirates also started winning in 2013:

Won WC game, lost division series in 2013

Lost WC game in 2014

Lost WC game in 2015

Resumed losing in 2016. 78-83. 25 GB.

Losing again 2017. Already threw in towel per GM and are playing rookies in Sept.

You can't look at 2013-15 in a vacuum. The winning came and it went. Cleveland is still on the rise and seeking their 2nd straight WS appearance.
Ecbucs

9/7 vs Cubs

Post by Ecbucs »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: Just an awful game. 

Seems fair to me.

quote]

Dog, you're being absurd. You can't imagine why people would currently be praising Cleveland and not the Pirates. That's like looking a a chart for Cleveland:

/

/

/

/

and a chart for the Pirates:

/

/   

/

and not seeing a difference.

Indians started winning in 2013 and have not had a losing season since. They seem to be building something.

Lost WC game 2013.

Won division, won division series, won ALCS and lost WS in 2016

Will win division in 2017. Have 2nd best record in AL and 4th best in MLB. Currently on 15 game win streak. Legit contender for WS.

Pirates also started winning in 2013:

Won WC game, lost division series in 2013

Lost WC game in 2014

Lost WC game in 2015

Resumed losing in 2016. 78-83. 25 GB.

Losing again 2017. Already threw in towel per GM and are playing rookies in Sept.

You can't look at 2013-15 in a vacuum. The winning came and it went. Cleveland is still on the rise and seeking their 2nd straight WS appearance.

Dog is consistent. Used the wayback machine to find posts from 2002. He kept saying don't forgot about 1990-92. ;D