Celebrating Dodgers win: Cool video - last out, last 50 WS

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I wish these games would end earlier. Apparently when I go to bed at midnight there is a LOT yet to happen.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

This is one of the best World Series I have watched in a long time. The stars are showing up with the bats. I kept dozing off and then had to rewind to see how the runs were scored.

Fun Fact: The Dodgers are now 100-2 when they score 4+ runs in a Kershaw started game.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Is it that bats or is it terrible pitching in Enron minute maid park?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Have I complained about the start times yet? They're trying to showcase the game and then play it during a time when people with jobs can't watch.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Did anyone see the report about the changed WS baseballs? If real, and intentional, it really changes my view of this series:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/29/world ... ley-jansen
dogknot17@yahoo.co

64565A5A4E7C5F565B5E5156370 wrote: Did anyone see the report about the changed WS baseballs?  If real, and intentional, it really changes my view of this series:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/29/world ... ley-jansen

I did hear about this. I didn't read your link, but pitchers aren't getting much movement. There haven't been many swing and misses either.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

It's worth the read of you get a chance
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

45777B7B6F5D7E777A7F7077160 wrote: It's worth the read of you get a chance

Yea. It does change my feelings about the series. But maybe baseball needs to adopt some rules regarding the ball that makes offense greater.

Basketball brought in the 3point shot for offense and the NFL protects offensive players in a game changing way. Maybe baseball should adopt a "tighter" or slicker ball to draw more people.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

787F69616F783F334A6D676B6366246965670A0 wrote: It's worth the read of you get a chance

Yea.  It does change my feelings about the series.  But maybe baseball needs to adopt some rules regarding the ball that makes offense greater. 

Basketball brought in the 3point shot for offense and the NFL protects offensive players in a game changing way.  Maybe baseball should adopt a "tighter" or slicker ball to draw more people.

In a way, but these high offense games have been like four hours long.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I don't know if I agree with the argument that the balls shouldn't matter since both teams are using the same ball. This really hurts the pitchers who throw sliders like Giles and Darvish.

Very interesting if this is an advantage for one team or another. I see both sides of the argument.

The teams scoring in bunches and then coming back in bunches is why I am enjoying the series. There is just no quit in these teams like it should be. I never understood when a team scores three or four runs in an inning that the other team is done. There has probably been so many times in the regular season where teams have scored three runs or so in an inning. There is no clock. Teams can always come back.