new Pirate - claimed from Twins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

new Pirate - claimed from Twins

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4C5C5D6A7C7C701F0 wrote: Cubs claim a 23 year old lefty from the Twins who in the minors has averaged 7.4 K/9 and 3.7 BB/9 and a WHIP of 1.354

Pirates claim a 28 year old lefty from the Twins who in the minors has averaged 8.8 K/9 and 4.0 BB/9 and a WHIP of 1.294

Nothing to get excited about here, just pointing out the kind of dumpster diving we may expect this off season.

This is the quintessential example of an NH signing.  Let's see if he gets waived in the next month.  NH does this too frequently.  Signs garbage only to release them later because he found better garbage.

Remember, our best offseason moves last year?  One that hit .150 with 0 HR and 2 RBI and another that went 2-7 out of the bullpen with a 4.38 ERA, a 1.46 WHIP ... 33 BB, 66 K.

Sums up what I expect this year.
These kinds of insignificant moves are not a problem. Teams do this all the time. The problem is that the Pirates don't also make the significant moves other teams make. 

Right.

The Cubs did the same thing and it was noted I the same post.  Are they dumpster diving too?  It's kind of a silly over reaction.

But the Cubs did bring in competent players as well ... us, not even close.  Who knows?  Based on our last off season, this maybe one of our biggest moves.  Remember Hudson and Gosselin were our two moves.  Exciting times.

Probably true, but c'mon free agency just stated like yesterday.  No, the Cubs haven't brought anyone in. 

People complaining about minor signings and sarcastically yelling "World Series!" (as if no other team ever does that) is one of the things I hate about the Internet.  Not saying this is what you're doing but it gave me callback and I think better of your opinions than that.