Shutout Again

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Shutout Again

Post by Ecbucs »

052825343322357576470 wrote: I would hope than attendance is so low the rest of the home stand  that there is an echo in the stadium. The front office and the players themselves have quit on the city, the fans and each other. Time for the fans to quit on them. Save your money like they do!

Agree, but the problem with that thinking is our owner has said attendance, or lack there of will result in lower payroll.  Then again, when attendance was high, he didn't spend the money relative to the high attendance.
Nutting is just looking for excuses to cover his refusal to spend. When "the time was right" after a 98 win season, payroll became related to attendance. Except that attendance was a franchise record. So the org just lowered payroll 2 straight years with no real explanation. That resulted in an unacceptable product on the field with the expected reduction in attendance. So now we hear (again) that payroll is related to attendance, which has already been proven to be a blatant lie. Nutting is making money and most likely will continue to do so despite poor attendance. He doesn't need to spend money to make money. He's created a useful excuse for his refusal to spend. So now he can keep payroll low, continue to lose, get his luxury tax payments from MLB and his broadcast rights fees. He's making money without a good TV contract so even if the new deal continues to be low paying, it won't cut into his profits. It's a win-win for him.

Making money, building equity are a good combination. Hard to think of a better legal business than being a MLB (or NFL) owner.

Just get fans thinking at the beginning of season that this could be "the year" when you don't give a rat's *** if the year ever comes.
rucker59@gmail.com

Shutout Again

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I stayed home last night!  I'm staying home tonight!!  And the next night!!!

Of course he already has my $$.  This year....
DemDog

Shutout Again

Post by DemDog »

5651474F4156111D644349454D480A474B49240 wrote: I stayed home last night!  I'm staying home tonight!!  And the next night!!!

Va, you and J are encouraged to join Mrs Possum and I on a few trips to Morgantown to see some kids play their hearts out.  They will make many mistakes along the way but they will learn from them we hope.  Great fans and mgmt at the Morgantown club and the infield is brown painted astro turf.  What a great way to spend a night with J.

Just had a thought. Why not have an OBN nite at a Black Bears game. wvbucco lives nearby and I am sure there are other OBN folks who are not that far away.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Shutout Again

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

416068416A62050 wrote: I stayed home last night!  I'm staying home tonight!!  And the next night!!!

Va, you and J are encouraged to join Mrs Possum and I on a few trips to Morgantown to see some kids play their hearts out.  They will make many mistakes along the way but they will learn from them we hope.  Great fans and mgmt at the Morgantown club and the infield is brown painted astro turf.  What a great way to spend a night with J.

Isn't their play at the majors mean they aren't learning from their mistakes?
johnfluharty

Shutout Again

Post by johnfluharty »

52737B527971160 wrote: I stayed home last night!  I'm staying home tonight!!  And the next night!!!

Just had a thought.  Why not have an OBN nite at a Black Bears game.  wvbucco lives nearby and I am sure there are other OBN folks who are not that far away.

I am embarrassed to say that I have not made it to a game, though I mean to go. It's only 20 minutes away for me!
johnfluharty

Shutout Again

Post by johnfluharty »

3B30383431302B6E681F263E373030713C305F0 wrote: I stayed home last night!  I'm staying home tonight!!  And the next night!!!

Isn't their play at the majors mean they aren't learning from their mistakes?

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, you do something that you really know better than to do.  Once the emotion ebbs, you realize you were stupid.  This is what Diaz experienced, based on what he said after.  Not sure about Polcanco because I didn't hear what he said. That's the difference between knowing something because you've been told an knowing because you've learned the hard way. Diaz has some of the latter now.